mud

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

water and dirt, mostly. Some frogs help.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Dio

Post by Dio »

you learn to be patient, and then you go and look up on the internet how to do it.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

coding a mud is at least seventeen steps more complicated than writing an area by hand (that is, no help from an area-building program). Even writing an area involves some very close attention to detail, since a single misplaced character can crash the entire mud. looking at the way you type, not only do you misplace characters, you misplace entire sentances. in other words, spend your time more productively. i suggest using it to learn english.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

The first step to making a good mud is to spell all your words as correctly as possible.

The next step is to erase all thoughts and knowledge of spelling words out by using just one letter.

For example:

Why as Y.

You as U.

Are as R.

So on and so forth.

Thank you.
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

My screen saver at work says, "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure." (Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.)

MUDs are kind of obscure. If you really want to learn how to make a MUD, pick up a C++ book or some other programing language and get started. MUDs are not a simple program you download and go with. There are base code sets available, but you have to know what to do with them and how to modify them. In short, you have to install source code or write it, then customize it. All of the BR you see (the areas) was written by someone for BR. Why do you think Clericus mutters "irik"? (The answer is Kiri is psycicly controlling him and watching your every move!)

In short, if you want to make a MUD, ground up, you are talking about a VERY serious time expenditure. As my cohorts have pointed out, there may be a better way for you to spend your time.

But, as Llavar Burton used to say, "You don't have to take my word for it!"
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Ba dum dum.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

dragonseeker wrote:there is nothing wrong with my spelling il wright y as why when it's nessesery so there!! hmmm il make an easyer game for now.
*DIESLAUGHING*

See? Tragedy is FUNNY!!
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Ooh, are you gonna make me?

I thought you were busy making a mud?

What happend? No water?
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Lucky for you I don't fight girls either, or I'd have to take you out back and whip your ass for fun.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

SAPSE!!

You are just so much fun to egg on. What will you do when Kiri deletes the crap you put on her and Oakley's forum?