Why?

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

don't worry be happy
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Now for the most appropriate question for this thread, Kiri...

Why?
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Because.
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

Kiri wins.
--Lairian
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

How?
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

"There are three recognizable stages in sapient evolution, comprising the how, why and where questions. These can be easiest explained by illuminating questions: How do we digest food? Why does that work? and Where should we eat lunch?"
-highly paraphrased, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Exo

Post by Exo »

xorex wrote:hey kiri, i have a why question too. why are my nipples a different color from the rest of my body? thanks!
LOL
I am happy to let girls indulge themselves using my body.
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

Stars wrote:Now for the most appropriate question for this thread, Kiri...

Why?
Why not?

I dunno if this is true or not, but i heard of someone who took philosophy at University of Marlyand. One of his essays on the final exam was "Why?". All he wrote was why not and he got an A.
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I'm doing it because if I didn't, scav would.

Legend: A philosophy professor gives a final exam consisting entirely of a single word: "Why?" One student answers "Why not?" and receives an 'A'.

Variations:

* In a
Advertisement
different version of this legend one student receives a top grade for responding simply "Because."

* Another version involves a philosophy instructor who, for a final examination, places a chair at the front of the room and challenges the class to prove it exists. One student receives an 'A' for writing "What chair?"

* Yet another similar legend has a professor ask his class to define 'courage.' The highest grade is awarded to the student who hands in his exam after writing nothing more than "This is." (In some variations of this version, the student who receives the top mark is the one who turns in a blank sheet of paper.)

Origins: On Why ask why? one level, this tale could be seen as a sort of braggadocio legend: a professor presents his class with an exceedingly difficult question to answer for their final exam, and the student who has the nerve to provide a clever, simple answer receives an easy 'A' on the test. (This point is made even more explicitly in the variant where the class is asked to define 'courage.') Another possible interpretation of this legend is as a wry commentary on the sciolism of academia. What is a more profound subject for the true scholar to contemplate, after all, than the basic question of meaning and existence? The student's flippant response (and his receiving a top mark for same) underscores the notion that a 'solid education' is sometimes an ornately decorated empty shell.

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/oneword.asp
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

hence why i said i didn't know if it was true or not :P
I had a feeling it was one of those urban legend thingies
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green.

The Sun, the Moon, the planets, and the stars all rise in the east and set in the west. And that's because Earth spins -- toward the east.

Probably because her husband is in Iraq and she is too busy taking care of the little one at the moment.

Because that's your personal prefrence.

Because it's fun and the people here rock.

....to all those other why's, just because.
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

because someone said so.
because they wanted to.
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
anjast

Post by anjast »

y :diabloanifire:
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

because there's a little man under it doing a jig
My blog is located at:

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/kiri
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

That makes me feel really guilty about using Draino...
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com