macs and telnet

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
saline

macs and telnet

Post by saline »

I realize this may seem a stupid question, but do macs have any sort of telnet program? I wanted to play BR here at school, but I can't download any sort of MUD client and macs don't support telnet, or at least this one doesn't. Any help? (yeah, I'm not too tech-savvy :oops: )
Faustus

Post by Faustus »

If the macs at your school are running under OS 9.2 or earlier, get yourself a copy of Rapscallion. That's the program I used up until I switched to OSX. If the school's computers are all running OSX, get Cantrip. I don't like cantrip *quite* as much as I liked Rapscallion, as the settings are a little trickier to deal with, but I'm getting used to it. Both of these programs should be easy to find at versiontracker.com. If you have any trouble getting things set up once you find these programs, just leave a message and Scavenger or I should be able to help you get everything figured out.