Arena Games

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Ginzor

Arena Games

Post by Ginzor »

I wonder why breathe spells aren't allowed in the arena.
I know it is because they burn containers. But would it be to hard to change the code so breathe spells didn't destroy packs in arena?
Cause the breathe spells make some races very characteristic and could help the poor human and Illithid in the arena and make their fights a bit more fair to the other races.
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength - George Orwell
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

I agree! *puts selfish face on* I can also use my demonic head *takes off selfish face*
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I'm confused when you say breath spells. I am assuming you mean hp based spells, such as firebreath, laughing buddha or ultrablast.
I suppose it would be ok, but they are not very useful spells as mortals. Hp is too low to do much damage. Only a high avatar can use them effectively, and with an alias it doesn't really matter what spell you use then.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I believe you're becoming confused between breath spells (those that destroy packs) and room attacks (like ultrablast and windzone). Breath spells don't work because they destroy packs and that's simply not very nice in arena. Room attacks don't work because they're coded to hit all the mobs in the room, and, even in arena, other players are not classified as mobs. I assume that fixing breath attacks wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I'm also fairly sure that fixing room attacks to work in the arena would be much more work, as well as open a can of worms (i.e. what about groups in the arena? which people should we hit?).
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Well a maxed hp enhanced mortal surely can do damage stars :twisted:

And I think human miss a great spell in arena. They can cast it twice per round and thats about what they can do in arena at lvl 50.
I mean roundhouse and fall flat on your face and it doesnt do good damage facing someone your own level.

And maybe this is all to hard but it would really make the arenagames a bit more fair. Ultrablast/Windzone could be fixed to attack target only in arena then.

Put a bit more effort into the arena games since it is what you do when you are done with your char.

And this is only an idea and a question :x
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Maxed hp mortal might get 2500 hps. Around that amount of life, lb doesn't even discombob, if I recall correctly. A druid with a couple flaming items can do more than that with flamestrike.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

It does dicbomb and is the thing for humans to use in arena games since they arent as great spellcasters as elves/druids it doesnt do as much damage.

2 lauhging buddhas per round is some damage that is nice when added to the other damage.

As it is today humans don't stand a chance against elves/druids in arena fights.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Can you please make that sig file about half as big as it is now? thanks.
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Done..now could you plz answer me if you think this is a bad idea or not?
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I was under the impression slart already removed all pack-destroying spells from the arena, but I'll see if that's just my faulty memory at work.
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

I want the breathe spells to the arena and not destroying packs as written above.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Bah! Elves and Druids are probably the masters of the arena in mortal land now. We both know that without Ginzor's swords he can kick my dwarfy's behind back to its cave. With the implemention(?) of this, it can probably help warrior class characters stand a chance against the flaming code.
Last edited by Anakin on Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

kiri wrote:I was under the impression slart already removed all pack-destroying spells from the arena, but I'll see if that's just my faulty memory at work.
They mean they want the spells allowable, but to not destroy packs in the arena. Currently, the mud blocks the use of them.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Well this topic is better to be moved to code suggestions I suggest cause I can't get any opinion here or answers.. :evil:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

You got more than 10 replies. It's just up to the coders if they even feel like doing this.
-Jerry Seinfeld