Armor Class

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Prototype

Armor Class

Post by Prototype »

I was told ac after -300 doesn't matter. . . .now is this true? and if so why does it keep going and not just stop at -300 :?
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

It's true.

http://www.barrenrealmsmud.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

Everybody explained all about it in there.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I love it when I've already answered questions before they're asked. As far as why it keeps going... I would say simply because people like to brag about how low their ac is. It doesn't affect anything past -300 (at least as far as actual combat or game stats, more generally, go), but it is something neat that you can relate to other people.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

*pets EB and ruffles his hair lovingly*
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

besides, if it didn't keep going, how could you tell wether or not you want to get zapped with a green scale? level 999 frenzy can play hell with your ac
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Check out the Council's frenzy, it will stumble your ac that it should say "Your lungs are popping off your chest" instead of "You are worse than naked".
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

*nods to everyone*

AC past -300 is entirely a buffer against bad spells that make it easy for mobs to make you with the squishy.
--Lairian
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Lairian wrote:AC past -300 is entirely a buffer against bad spells that make it easy for mobs to make you with the squishy.
That just sounds wrong.

I have been told that hitroll does not matter after a certain point. Is this true?
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
xorex

Post by xorex »

technically all stats are capped or roll over at some point i think. but more directly i think there is a value of hitroll beyond which it does you no good. i want to say that 200 hit roll is all you ever need but maybe someone else has a more accurate figure?
--Xorex
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Actually, hitroll continues to help the more you have of it, it just becomes noticed very little past... yeah, about 200. At a base level, it's determining whether or not you "miss" the mob. As soon as you pass 50 hitroll or so, this becomes unlikely enough to be negligible. Past that, all it does is re-balance the chances a mob above you has to parry/dodge your attacks (every 50 hitroll approximately equalizes one level difference between you and the mob - having 150 hitroll and one level lower than the mob gives you about the same fight (as far as hitting the mob) as if you had 100 hitroll and were the same level as it.)
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

*blink* o okie dokie
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I tried to edit this last post so that I wouldn't double post...but it don't think it will alert anyone that this is new...oh well.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

We now know that -300 or below is the best armor class we can achieve. What is the worst AC someone can be afflicted with? I still love that message...
You are WORSE than naked!
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

"You feel yourself jerked through the air as your cloak grabs your head and shoves it into the path of the hobgoblin's club.

The hobgoblin's pound *** IMPALES *** your face with the assistance of your spiteful cloak.

You are dead."
--Lairian
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

ever been hit by a level 2000 faerie fire and then a level 1000 frenzy?
now THAT is +AC ;)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".