The New Codes

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Nyteshade

The New Codes

Post by Nyteshade »

:evil: :evil: *grunt* this is just my opinion...but If we took the time to make a high lvl elf druid or illithid I think we should be able to use them as we please. Its not our fault that different people haven't chosen to build an elf or druid. My druid took me 9 months just to get to lvl 49. I try not to solo anytime I can I like making new relationships and true I do use my druid to keep my group alive not just me. I use my druid to get certain pieces of eq my group members need. Even when I'm not grouped with somone and I see someone's eq that have on and i know something better for that eq I'll use my druid to get it. I do know other people that do the same (help out people when ever they ask). with these new methods of multi-playing is going to result in having alot of avatars very few heroes and alot less morts, seeing as tho most of us that are heroes have quiet a few high lvl 40's. But thats just my 2 cents. tho I don't like the changes that will be coming up I am willing to try it out. I thought I'd just share how I felt about it before it happened so I won't be complaigning about it on the chat channel :evil: :evil:
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

*sigh* ok for the corrections, so noone gets confused . .period after anytime I can.....someone's eq that they have on..and lastly ..that will be comming up but I am willing
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

for future reference nyte, you can just edit your post (or just assume we'll be able to figure it out, i mean, if we can decifer drunk, a few typos should be a piece of cake *grin*) and, btw, my (very lengthy) post is in chitchat, if you've gotten to this post already but haven't checked chitchat yet
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I appreciate that, Nyte. I know this isn't going to be an easy change for a lot of people who have high level mortals. I really do sympathize because I know many of you have gotten used to the way it's been, Dwarfman was just talking to me about the same thing. I like how you and he handled this, venting it all out at once, yet being mature about it.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

I know that things have change allot during my hiatus, and I was very disturbed by some of the changes. The one that got me the most was the high level alt issue. I know before my hiatus that it was an unwritten rule that no one should have a player that just sat at a level to help out other players. It is a disruption to the balance of the game. If I am not mistaken I believe it was Cord that took a brunt of this when we was told to hero after sitting at level 50 for a while. I do like the suggestions about trying to strike a balance between the way that things were and the way things are now. I hope that everything will be worked out quickly and that everyone will accept the changes as good for BR. The game is supposed to be challenging. I think high level alts take away from the challenge. Don't misunderstand. I know that some high level alts are being used properly and not just as followers and healing bots. The problem is that those are the exception not the rule.
Cord

Post by Cord »

And you know, I was a prime example for the appropriate use of forcing a character to hero.

You want an enchant? Sure, here ya go.
You want X piece of eq? Sure, here ya go.
I was told to stop, I didn't.
I had my enchant weapon reduced to 0% and my practices removed, but still I didn't level, just sat around at 50, getting eq for anyone that wanted it and enhancing my life away. I have no idea how many mud hours I spent at level 50.
So eventually, I was told to hero, where upon I decided to enhance away all my exp. *boggle self*

Quite frankly, I was a bit of a prick back then. And while that may have been 6 (7?) years ago (and about 4 worldviews ago), I'd like to go on the record with a formal apology for my behavior.

All told, I'm quite happy with the way the situation was treated. The admins here should be applauded for the pains they take to treat everyone fairly. Lord knows that, at that time, if I had been in their shoes, I would have just deleted me. ;-)
DevilsAngel

Post by DevilsAngel »

I just have to applaud Cord for that last post. Takes a big person to admit when they were maybe not acting as best they could. :D
*bounces around* Dev
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

Oh oh! I liked Cord's post also. Though I've only been with BR for two years I think I've matured a little bit also... hopefully... right guys???? *toe* LOL anyway..... I'd like to see the codes implemented and such. I just think people like dwarfman who complain are just upset because they're so dependent on high level morts for leveling. No offense dwarfman, you know i love ya! I also have a high level mort, elfy Anguish, and I'll be more than willing to restart him or hero him if asked. He's just a baby though so I hope he isn't asked any time soon...

I think I've started to ramble so I'll stop. I'm going crazy with these forums! I love em! #13 post for me. woot!
-----Oversoul-----
Puppetmon

Post by Puppetmon »

Well Ive been playing this MUD since way back when it was still on the liii.com server, Ive played off and on over the years and while I may not be as experienced for I have not yet reached Avatar, I am going to go on the record and complain about these new changes. I think BR is similiar to living our our everyday lives. We have rules that we must follow and we also make our decisions whether or not its following the rules or not varies on the person. Im well aware of people using druids as a mana battery pack with thier transfer energy spell but I think theres better ways around it. I really dont see why the spell is nesessary to have in the first place. I leveled a druid up to about level 87 at this point and I have only used that spell once or twice. If not remove it then how about change it a little bit? Make it possible so you can only use the spell when your grouped with the person that way its only limited to someone 5 levels higher or lower then you. Im also aware that you can use druids as very good healers on characters. Ill admit I dont know a way around this but if someone wants to level a druid up that high and have them follow them around, then I say all the power to em. Level 50 elves im sure have been another issue. Ill be the first to admit ive bugged level 50 elves for weapon enchants because I am well aware of the +10 hit roll and +5 damage roll a level 50 enchant weapon can give. This high of an advantage is a little unbalanced especially if your enchanting something for someone below level 10, it makes them a easy killing machine. Why not make it so the level 50 enchant weapon has the same effect as 49? or 45? +9 hit roll and +4 damage roll. Level 51 would be the first to get the +% damage roll if this were the case and I can pretty much say its safe to say that alot of people would not feel the need to level an elf up to 50 just for the enchants. Theres many more reasons these codes are being implemented but I really dont think they will help change things all that much. Whats to stop an elf from leveling up to 48 , teleporting around to get equipment for another one of thier characters and then just dropping it someone for the other character to log on and get? The only way around this would be the unlikely event of someone else coming along and getting it or in the time between the switch, that the mud would crash. Ok I could go on and on, like I said I can see why the changes are being made but I personally dont agree with them. If someone wants to level up to 50, then they should have the right to do so and hero when they feel like it. Changes to certain abilities seems like a much better way around this. Anyway thats just my opinion, im not asking anyone to agree with it, just thought Id make it noted. This is a much more viable way to let it be known instead of getting into arguemeents with fellow players over that chat. :D
Do we make our own fate? Or Can we cut the chains that bind us?