This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Well you shoulda said that :)
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

*blink* *looks around* *goes back into his trailer for make-up*
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

Listen to what I mean, not what I say. Duh.

=)
--Lairian
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Sure. While you're at it, do what I say, not what I do. Or some such.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

You are all wrong. You must do whatever I tell you to do.

...and that is the story of how the world became a better place.

*birds chirping happily in the background*
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

of course being "clinically dead" is itself a matter that's up for debate, as the conditions of being "clinically dead" don't guarantee that someone will stay that way. i believe in several areas of the world, due to the wording of the legal code, someone can survive being sentenced to death, and cannot be punished again for the same crime due to alreaddy having been killed once
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

disaster wrote:... i believe in several areas of the world, due to the wording of the legal code, someone can survive being sentenced to death, and cannot be punished again for the same crime due to alreaddy having been killed once
That has to be Canada. Canadians are soooo logical.

:roll:
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

In the United States, clinical death is when the heart stops. Obviously, people get better from this. The reason for such "illogical" legislature is so that people that have a heart attack or drown or somesuch cannot sue those that save their lives for breaking their ribs doing CPR. Apparently, you can't get charges of assault and battery to stick on someone that was beating on a "corpse's" chest.
--Lairian
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Lairian, you wouldn't get in trouble for beating on someone's chest like that anyway because in that situation it would be socially appropriate conduct, and therefore not a "harmful or offensive" touching.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

depends on the exact situation. in canada we have specific "good samaritan" laws thta protect people who provide first aid. most places don't, specificly many states. there have been several canadian tourists who have been sued succesfully in american courts for breaking ribs or other similar injury sustained while giving first aid, by claiming basicly that they were incompetant in their procedure while giving first aid. i know it soulds stupid. it IS stupid. yet one more reason i dislike america, you people all seem so sue-crazy it's rediculous. (and yes, that's a gross generalization, but per capita it's true so neener neener)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Hey, I live in the US. I love my country. I am constantly saddened by the people in it. We are ignorant and self-righteous. It is a tragic combination and we will suffer for it.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

You'd be surprised what people can sue for and get away with...like the lawsuit on the order of 2 million dollars because the chainsaw company didn't put on the box that their product was not to be used to cut hair.

Relative to that, breaking ribs because one is "incompetant" (nod Dis) isn't too ludicrus, though I agree it's very bad that they CAN pull it off.

Really, it all depends on the jury. Often, you don't have to convince the court that it was unlawful, only convince the jury's emotions to side with you.
--Lairian
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

I don't know, it's entirely possible that I'm jaded.
--Lairian
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

My mom is still a Canadian citizen, so I guess that makes me part Canadian. That means I can make fun of Canada and get away with it.

:-P

But all the legal talk is way over my head.