Etiquette

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Brodgar

Etiquette

Post by Brodgar »

I'm having a feast this next Day of Joy, and I've invited several stunning guests. 8) However, as it turns out I only have enough sets of silverware for seven guests and eight have sent back their RSVP's. :shock:

So my question is, do I serve my guests my fine silver, and eat with my hands. Do I single out a guest, and leave them with my servants tin utensils, do we all eat with the commoners ware, and thus risk insulting them all, should I dare disinvite one of my rich and powerful guests, or cancel the entire affair. :oops:

Signed,
One too many axes, too few forks.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Take it or leave it- this is what I'd do.

Set out the fine silverware and use the cheap stuff on yourself.

My mom picked up an extra set of silver at a rummage sale and uses that when she has too many guests. No one seems to notice (or at least, has the bad manners to point it out.)

Enjoy your day of joy.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

here's what you do. you find a period of time in the not-to-distant past durign which you didn't see any of your guests. you then claim that during that week, you were on a buisness trip to some remote african country, where the custom is to put all the food in the middle of the table and eat with your hands. during this trip, you got bitten by a malaria-infested mosquito, and were saved by a medican man. in tribute to him, you have decided to eat this meal in his fashion.

it might not work, but it'll sure as hell distract anyone from noticing whatever else you decide to do
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

And coming from Brodgar it's probably be pretty damn believeable.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw