Gear question

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Teach

Gear question

Post by Teach »

If a piece of armor/equipment has no "damage rating" for example a wearable piece of treasure, can that piece take damage, and if so, does that make it more vulnerable to destruction?
The inspiration for this is flawless leather boots :)
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Those items are what we call "indestructable" items. :D
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Teach

Post by Teach »

what about wearable containers? These pieces also have no damage rating...
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

You can't damage a container anyway. You lose them when they get burned. I think it's a different way of destroying "container" items.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Only armor can take damage from strong hits. However, wearing containers, scrolls, pills, food, drink containers, potions, wands or staves makes you vulnerable to losing them, as well, to breath spells. The truly indestructable items, then, are furniture, trash, fly, scuba, fountains, lights, treasure, keys, money, quivers, projectiles and weapons. Of course, it's rare to find wearable versions of a lot of these.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Sozz

Post by Sozz »

Lights can be fried by a type of mob...I forget what type...Dis knows though!
Sozz
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Mobs running speco_grue

*edited for correctness, thanks eb*
Last edited by Divebomb on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

spec_fido, is that what it's called? i know alicia's builder refers to them as "grue", but i haven't looked at the code to see for myself. i thought fido was different from grue though.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

oh, and can money be fried by breath? i've never tested it, but it stands to reason that it could.

and disintigrate can fry anything i believe, even if it would normally be indestructible.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Disintegrate can't be cast, and only worked on mobs, which simply disappeared the whole mob (like bamf does now). spec_grue is the one dive was thinking of, not spec_fido (grue destroys lights, while fido eats corpses in the room). I haven't tested money, but I doubt you'd run into an occasion where you'd have the chance to test it, since objects of type money are converted directly to gold in your inventory when you pick them up.
-EB
Smeagain

Post by Smeagain »

When you pick them up they do. But you can have money items in your inv if you steal the money item from the mob or order it to give the item to you. How else would the guardian get laid so often? ;)
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

How about that disintegrate from a staff? (Is it a staff or a weapon?) Can you get zapped by it?

Oh and yeah, yay for lAID! XD
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Even when disintegrate was a castable spell, you couldn't cast it on other players, so I'd be greatly surprised if a disintegrate staff worked on them.
-EB