Why doesn't anyone have anything to ask me?

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Maybe she is fishing for more expensive gifts. She thinks if she gives repeat and / or useless gifts, you will consider the meaning of gifts you give (to her especially) by considering the bad gifts you receive. So, she can get an upgrade next year, in theory.

Maybe that makes no sence at all... I guess I should let Kiri answer the Ask Kiri questions instead of confusing myself and potentially others.

Kiri, what am I trying to say? :?
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Ah, but that would require her getting expensive gifts to begin with, which she doesn't. She is one of those "bargain" shoppers (not that there's anything wrong with finding a true bargain, however, she'll see something at Marshalls, or TJ MAXX or Mardens that's $.99, doesn't matter what it is, she'll see it, buy it and figure out who to give it to later, so technically there is no thought to half the gifts any of us recieve.)

Does any of that make sense? :)

Bluei
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

I got an old mini beer stein from my grandma. (Of course, the $50 tucked inside of it was nice. ;-) )
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

ok, now would that be
1)a gold and silver watch intended to be worn by a cat?
2)a watch made out of gold and silver and cat?
3)a watch made out of gold and silver in the effigy/design of a cat?
i'm understandably curious here, and the level of my comiseration will depend on the answer...
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

What is number 3 Alex ;)
A watch meant for a five year old even.
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

anakin's comment was the best yet. i've been laughing quite hard! :) thanks dearie
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
kiri
Needs Help

Re: no math

Post by kiri »

Kitsune wrote:Why is BR a no math zone? Are we forbidden to openly ponder questions with numbers in them, such as the quanity of wood a woodchuck could theoretically chuck? Will I be smoted on site for this post?
BR is a no-math zone because Kiri hates math. You are forbidden from pondering questions with numbers in them whilst I am online. ;)
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Bluestar wrote:How come my grandmother picks out horrible horrible things for me at Christmas time, instead of getting me nothing like I asked for?

All I have to say is gold and silver cat watch. *shudder*
Probably because she thought it was cute, and what you asked for might be out of her price range or understanding.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Kitsune wrote:
Kiri, what am I trying to say? :?
I think you are making no sense.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Scavenger wrote:I got an old mini beer stein from my grandma. (Of course, the $50 tucked inside of it was nice. ;-) )
Knowing your grandma, the stein probably was real and possibly worth something.
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

kiri wrote:
Scavenger wrote:I got an old mini beer stein from my grandma. (Of course, the $50 tucked inside of it was nice. ;-) )
Knowing your grandma, the stein probably was real and possibly worth something.
Depends on what you mean by "real", I suppose. I suspect it's from Germany but it also seems to be of very recent vintage. I don't think it's worth much. The reason I got it was because my brother got a ceramic statue of a red bull that he had always loved and she wanted to also give me something from her display shelf.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

If I were you I'd still research it.
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

I asked her not to get me anything this year :) She just can't help herself ;)

Bluei

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Ebay it, Blue.