Why doesn't anyone have anything to ask me?

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I told my mother not to get me anything. Usually she buys me cheese and sausages. I hate cheese and sausages. I told her, please, don't buy me anything this year. So, she buys me chocolates. I hate chocolate. She has so little money, living in a nursing home only on her social security. Somewhere in her mind, she still wants to provide for me. I love her to tears, even though she may not be around much longer, probably more so because of it. I just can't help really hating her choice of gifts, but I love her dearly for them. I eat everything she gives to me.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

ROFL Kiri ;) I don't think anybody would buy it! I mean it when I say it's gosh darn awful! ;)

And are you saying I should wear the watch because I love my grandmother Stars? I'd rather eat my own foot! ;) lol
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

kiri wrote:If I were you I'd still research it.
Trust me, not much point to researching this one. Besides, there really aren't any identifying marks or any other way to identify it. I can't swear that it's not worth anything, but I'd bet a paycheck on it.

That's not to say that it's not valuable to me. It's something from my grandmother's house. The words on the stein roughly translate to, "Jolly song, happy disposition. Grandmother tells stories." It doesn't really matter what someone would pay for it, I'm not selling.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Being a gracious recipient can be just as important, if not moreso, as being a generous giver.
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

awww nuts, do I have to? What is comes down to is me not wanting her to spend her money on things that end up being given or thrown away. She's on a fixed income and can't afford to do it, but does anyway. *shrug* I don't know what to do about it anymore.
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

accept it, wish for nothing, wear the stuff she gets you every once in a while when you visit her or she visits you, else lock it away in a dark drawer.

or you could make her become a jehova witness, like my grandma. then you won't get bday or christmas presents anymore at all, as they don't celebrate either. you'll just recieve the eventual chocolate whenever she comes over to visit. *shrug*
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Bluestar wrote:And are you saying I should wear the watch because I love my grandmother Stars? I'd rather eat my own foot! lol
No, no, no, don't do that. If you would really be embarrassed to wear the watch, then don't. Making yourself go through torture just because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings isn't good either. I don't have any other answers or suggestions because I don't even know what to do about my mom's gifts. I think I'm going to tell her over the summer that I don't like food presents...
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Kitsune

They said I was mad! Who's mad now????

Post by Kitsune »

Anakin wrote:Image
Looks like a dorayaki to me. (A Japanese sweet with 2 small pankakes and -usually- sweet red bean paste in the middle. Sorry, rabbit not included.) Fun picture.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Bluestar wrote:And are you saying I should wear the watch because I love my grandmother Stars? I'd rather eat my own foot! ;) lol
Durn, I wanted to see you wear the watch and eat my foot also. :(
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Wait, how did YOUR foot get in the mix?

Bluei :D

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

well, how did he get into my pants?
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

You know, I've been wondering that for months! ;)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

He got in there because you left the door open!! But wouldn't the better question be, "How do you get him out??"
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Whourang?

*hee hee..you knew it was only a matter of time* :lol:
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Score wrote:He got in there because you left the door open!! But wouldn't the better question be, "How do you get him out??"
That's for most cases, but Bluei's special, she let me in.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld