Help please

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Luc

Help please

Post by Luc »

Ok well I am trying to get the BR area builder running but i am having problems. I think i need to update my java but I am having difficult time doing so. Ive downloaded the java from the site listed in with the builder but i cant get it to work. Anyone who managed to get theres to work, please help me out.

Either send me a message here, a note on the mud or send me a message on aim, my aim id is Gennai1209, thank you i appreciate it.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

what happens when you try to run it?

what type of system are you on?
Luc

Post by Luc »

well ive downloaded the java file about 3 times now. I run it and it starts installing and it goes up to 8% and it doesnt progress any from there. Ive tried it multiple times. Im running on windows xp.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

The java file only gets up to 8% or the program for the builder?
Luc

Post by Luc »

the java. it asks me where i want to install it and everything and if i want to associate certain files with it, and then it stops at 8%. the builder when i install it, installs fine but when i run it..my mouse turns into an hourglass and then nothing.
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

Let me be blunt. That link to download Java sucks. The page has links to the SDK, NetBeans, the J2SE, and more for all different platforms. It's hard to tell which one you need to get. Instead, try this page. The only thing offered for download here is the thing that you need. I recommend downloading the "offline installation" version. That will download everything you need in a single installer file. Once you have it, try installing it. Hopefully it will work better.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!