Simple Things

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Score wrote:you should know by now Divebomb, flattery will get you nowhere with Coma.

:wink:
It all depends. Flattery with cookies always work. I believe the cookies from DB are on the way as we speak. :)
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Be afraid, be very afraid
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

mmm, baboon cookies
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Baboon cookies, huh?? Are those like road apples left by horses? :?
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

personally, i quite enjoy help apostrophe and any of the other help files with similar humour and sarcasm behind them. of course i may be biased, since i wrote soem of them....still though, one of the things i really enjoy (and recently, really miss) about being on BR is that we can all sit around and joke and make fun of each other and that (with certain rare exceptions) it's all taken in good fun. now, you all know that i can't spell, and that i make typos like a monkey with a broken wrist, but i'm not about to get all upset or angry if someone calls me on them. i hope we can all just enjoy our nice, sarcastic and cynical community. oh, and stars, if you want to write new help files for grammar, why not just write them and send them to kiri? it's a lot easier to consider including something that actually exists instead of considering including an as-yet unwritten document.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

It's been made clear that "help apostrophe" will remain as it is. That's the only one I don't like, among those I've seen so far. I wasn't the one who first suggested adding more grammar help files, but if there are more going in, then I would be happy enough to be the one to write them. My help files would be more informational and less whiney/bitchy/insulting. :P

Help apostrophe, by the way, makes me want to do the exact opposite of what it's bitching about. I want to fling apostrophe's anywhere my fickle whims' take me. If I am slain because of it? Then, you would see what real whiney bitchiness would be like. Probably, I would be kicked off of Barren Realms forever. I'm starting to get ticked off again about it, so I'm going to stop here. I will not talk about this again.

If anyone wants me to write something for a help file, then tell me what you want and I will make something pretty.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
snarf

Post by snarf »

Stars wrote:It's been made clear that "help apostrophe" will remain as it is. That's the only one I don't like, among those I've seen so far. I wasn't the one who first suggested adding more grammar help files, but if there are more going in, then I would be happy enough to be the one to write them. My help files would be more informational and less whiney/bitchy/insulting. :P
Now, where's the fun in that ? :wink:
I don't care for tights, she says, but does not tell me why.
Kitsune

Re: Simple Things

Post by Kitsune »

Bluestar wrote:Why do simple things always get complicated?
I think this thread in general provides a good example as to why... :P

Is there a "help me"???? (I know it's a bit vain.)
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com