Mana Increase

This is a forum where you can ask Kiri anything. She will answer to the best of her ability. Others may answer as well, but Kiri will try to answer all reasonable questions. Do not feel limited by topic.
kiri
Needs Help

Mana Increase

Post by kiri »

Deli asks - Which will give me more mana when I level, Int or Wis?

I throw this question to the experts.
xorex

Post by xorex »

I think wisdom since Deli's a druid. For elves and illithids I think it's int.
--Xorex
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Short answer: wis, but int will also affect it. Long answer (so I don't have to post replies to more mana gain questions) below.

Courtesy of Scavenger, who looked through the leveling code a while back for me:
Unlike con, where you get a straight bonus to your hps for having it high, raising your wis and int only raises the high end of a spectrum. Both affect this spectrum, no matter what race you are - they affect equally to all the fighting races, otherwise what xorex said is right (wis affects more for druids, int for elves/illthids). What the code does is tallies up where your current stats are, then creates a range (this spectrum) based on those stats that contains all the possible amounts you can get at level. Once the range/spectrum thing is determined, the game picks a random number between the high and the low, and that's how much mana you get.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)