November 13, 2004

This is where you can read the newsletters on the forum. Any replies are fair game to be put in the real thing.
kiri
Needs Help

November 13, 2004

Post by kiri »

Welcome to the Barren Realms MUD Newsletter:

Visit us at telnet://barren.coredcs.com:8000/
or our web site at http://www.barrenrealmsmud.com/

IDEAS:

NONE!!! YOU ALL SUCK! ;)
Send some in.

Characters that need to be logged in:

Argos, Ari, Aves, Billiam, Carmina, Cherrioo, Darvan, Entropy, Galath, Harmon, Hax, Isomnak, Leafcutter, Liu,
Madness, Mastershake, Mudface, Nightwing, Paitre, Porthirio, Raolin, Tarrant, Venfo, Xine

------------
Replies by Bluestar:

Morbo wrote: Perhaps deaths in the arena should not be added to the overall Number of deaths. I know some people like to arena
but also want to try for the least deaths as some sort of personal record, and this could make it possible.

Blue: The simple solution to this would be not to arena. If you're trying for a low number of deaths, but still enjoy the
arena, then use a different character. When you choose to enter the arena, it is inevitable that you are going to DIE.
Not adding to the death count would not make sense, since you do indeed "kick the bucket"

Anyway...some of us are going for a record number of deaths

Morbo wrote:
Perhaps there could be a command that allows people to view who connects and disconnects from the mud at
any given time. This could be toggled on and off.

Blue: Huh? Do you mean like the last time a person logged on? This is a standard 'profile' feature that can be turned
on and off, depending upon the person's prefrence. Otherwise the 'who' command works nicely

Twinkie wrote:
pass door and ectoplasmic form are nice, but so powerful. what about a one time use spell that makes the door
transparent instead of the faster. be great for groups and yet not overpowered

Blue: Not a bad idea, but I do belive pass door was being cracked down on as it made the game too easy.
(I could be wrong on this, please correct me if I am) Making the door transparent would just negate that effort.
I can only imagine how quickly groups would tear through the castle in Candy Land, over and over again, not giving
other players a chance to make their way through the old fashioned way. (Key'in it!!!) Does that make sense?

-------------------------
Kiri's WWW of URLS:

Once again, Blame Scavenger (but it's fun to break stuff)

http://www.thestylemachine.com/metele/

medievel Milkshake song

http://www.iupload.net/102004/medievelmilkshakefg.jpg

Addictive game

http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/motherload/

So true. So true.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product ... ductid=375

--------------------------
UK Insurance Claims
And Americans think you have a monopoly on traffic problems and the twist and turns of insurance claim forms...

Here are some from the UK

Below are actual insurance claim form gaffs. They were originally sent out at Christmas 95 as an internal e-mail within
the company concerned but they have escaped.

"I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought."

"A car drove away at speed catching our client who went up in the air and his head went through the windscreen and then
rolled off at the traffic lights a good few feet away. The car then sped off and miraculously our client remained
conscious and managed to cross the road."

"I am responsible for the accident as I was miles away at the time."

"I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and
smothered it with a blanket."

Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident?
A: Travelled by bus?

"I had one eye on a parked car, another on approaching lorries, and another on the woman behind".

"I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction
caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard."

"On the M6 I moved from the centre lane to the fast lane but the other car didn't give way."

"On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke."

"Three men approached me from the minibus. I thought they were coming to apologise. Two of the men grabbed hold of me
by my arms and the first slapped me several times across the face. I kneed the man in the groin but didn't connect
properly so I kicked him in the shin."

A customer collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were:
Q - What warning was given by you?
A - Horn
Q - What warning was given by the other party?
A - Moo

"I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend on the pillion reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost
control."

"I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight"
"I was on my way to see an unconscious patient who had convulsions and was blocked by a tanker."

"Mr. X is in hospital and says I can use his car and take his wife while he is there. What shall I do about it?"

"No witnesses would admit having seen the mishap until after it happened."

"I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any
risk."

"While proceeding through 'Monkey Jungle', the vehicle was enveloped by small fat brown grinning monkeys. Number three
fat brown monkey (with buck teeth) proceeded to swing in an anticlockwise direction on the radio aerial. Repeated
requests to desist were ignored. Approximately 2 minutes and 43 seconds later, small fat brown monkey disappeared in
'Monkey Jungle' clutching radio aerial."

Q: Do you engage in motorcycling, hunting or any other pastimes of a hazardous nature?
A: Watch the Marty Caine Show and listen to Terry Wogan.

"First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of second car."

"Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably voodoo."

"The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again."

"We had completed the turn and had just straightened the car when Miss X put her foot down hard and headed for the
ladies' loo."

"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in- law and headed over the embankment."

"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."

"I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.

"To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck the pedestrian."

"My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."

"I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
My blog is located at:

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/kiri