March 17, 2005

This is where you can read the newsletters on the forum. Any replies are fair game to be put in the real thing.
kiri
Needs Help

March 17, 2005

Post by kiri »

Welcome to the Barren Realms MUD Newsletter:

Visit us at telnet://barren.coredcs.com:8000/
or our web site at http://www.barrenrealmsmud.com/

----------------------------------------------------

Ideas:

Demonlord: why not have base hp/mana/mv on the stat page, it would be very helpful for me,
and im sure alot of other people would appreciate it

Demonlord: i know, i know, we already have alchohol to help aid in mana regen, but why not
make a potion, pill or food that restores a set amount of mana, make available only by
the create potion spell maybe?

Demonlord: here is an awesome idea i bet noones ever come up with, since druids are like
the medics of BR, why not give them create pill at level 40 instead of create potion

These characters need to login:

Absinth, Aeioan, Anri, Aponi, Azhure, Bakeryninja, Blackhawk, Bluetear, Corgano,
Dagg, Dagul, Delirium, Drogar, Eragon, Exile, Ferox, Gonzo, Gosudruid, Groo, Herpetore,
Ife, Killa, Lewser, Maraxus, Melchior, Melitta, Nahima, Narva, Nebulae, Nita, None,
Obiwan, Ondine, Pakter, Piggum, Quao, Rathshar, Rippa, Ryerye, Sandallic, Snowy,
Souljah, Splinter, Stomper, Taranto, Tarlissa, Thedoorman, Thepower, Timika, Whitecrow,
Zakaran, Zyril.
---------------------------------------------------

Kiri's WWW of URLs:

Chocolate Dieties.

http://www.chocolatedeities.com/deities.php

What die are you?

http://dicepool.com/catalog/quiz.php

Gadget Zone!

http://www.paramountzone.com/

Inspirational Thoughts Forwarded along by Slart

http://www.simongoland.com/inspiration/ ... t-fear.htm

No Responses - nobody loves us!

Peter Kay theories
1) Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.
2) At the end of every party there is always a girl crying.
3) One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet
cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger.
4) You've never quite sure whether it's ok to eat green crisps.
5) Everyone who grew up in the 80's has entered the digits 55378008 into a calculator.
6) Reading when you're drunk is horrible.
7) Sharpening a pencil with a knife makes you feel really manly.
8) You're never quite sure whether it's against the law or not to have a fire in your back
garden.
9) Everyone who has just read no.5 has just typed it into a calculator.
10) Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.
11) You never know where to look when eating a banana.
12) Its impossible to describe the smell of a wet cat.
13) Prodding a fire with a stick makes you feel manly.
14) Rummaging in an overgrown garden will always turn up a bouncy ball.
15) You always feel a bit scared when stroking horses.
16) Everyone always remembers the day a dog ran into your school.
17) The most embarrassing thing you can do as schoolchild is to call your teacher mum or
dad.
18) The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given
opportunity.
19) Some days you see lots of people on crutches.
20) Every bloke has at some stage while taking a pee flushed half way through and then
raced against the flush.
21) Old women with mobile phones look wrong!
22) Its impossible to look cool whilst picking up a Frisbee.
23) Driving through a tunnel makes you feel excited.
24) You never ever run out of salt.
25) Old ladies can eat more than you think.
26) You can't respect a man who carries a dog.
27) There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got your hand or
head stuck in something.
28) No one knows the origins of their metal coat hangers.
29) Despite constant warning, you have never met anybody who has had their arm broken by
a swan.
30) The most painful household incident is wearing socks and stepping on an upturned plug.
31) People who don't drive slam car doors too hard
32) You've turned into your dad the day you put aside a thin piece of wood specifically to
stir paint with.
33) Everyone had an uncle who tried to steal their nose.
34) Bricks are horrible to carry.
35) In every plate of chips there is a bad chip.
My blog is located at:

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/kiri
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

Demonlord: why not have base hp/mana/mv on the stat page, it would be very helpful for me, and im sure alot of other people would appreciate it

-I like it. not sure where would be the best place ot put it, stat is already a bit crowded, but i like the idea in principle

Demonlord: i know, i know, we already have alchohol to help aid in mana regen, but why not
make a potion, pill or food that restores a set amount of mana, make available only by
the create potion spell maybe?

-nope. no. uh-uh. no way. not a chance. ANYTHING that restores mana runs the risk of being extraordinarily unbalancing. if you're tired of waiting for your mana to regenerate, start a dwarf or a kender and play that character while your spellcaster sleeps off a firebreather at recall.

Demonlord: here is an awesome idea i bet noones ever come up with, since druids are like
the medics of BR, why not give them create pill at level 40 instead of create potion

-it's an interesting idea, but i think that pills are best left as they are. there are some pills that are very powerful, but which are very difficult to get. if you could just create them so easily, they would become too easy to get. also, i think that there are far fewer pills than potions, so the chance of getting one of those really powerful pills would be too large.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

As far as create pill... I'm pretty sure we'd start running into the same problem we had a while back with create potion: people will keep casting it and casting it and casting it until they get the pill they want, then just leave all the other pills sitting around to spam the heck out of rooms. (Don't do that people. or, if you do, make sure to sac all the potions you create.) Other than that... while there certainly are fewer pills than potions, and the really good ones are thus certainly a higher percentage, I think it's less extraordinary than dis is claiming. There's a lot of pills out there that people simply don't realize are pills and generally have not terribly interesting effects.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i'm just thinking of the styx water, the 2 diablo pills, and the triple heals *shrug*
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".