September 17, 2005

This is where you can read the newsletters on the forum. Any replies are fair game to be put in the real thing.
kiri
Needs Help

September 17, 2005

Post by kiri »

Welcome to the Barren Realms MUD Newsletter:

Visit us at telnet://barren.coredcs.com:8000/
or our web site at http://www.barrenrealmsmud.com/

IDEAS:

Please reply!

AMystery: change damage messages to be on a sliding scale, so a damp for a level 50 is
500 hp while for 151 its 1500

Ferro: For illithids, biofeedback should deal a portion of the damage the attacker,
hence the feedback.

Ferro: as bright and intelligent as Illithids are, we can't identify things? Why not
give it to use as another spell or an inguild spell.

Ferro: When getting armor repaired, it'd be nice to get an estimate from Beich before he
repairs it.

Disaster: a spell similar to ventriloquate but which gives messages in teh form of
an emote

Frizban: give command a range argument like social, then I could tell what I'm trying to
do with some single letters

AMystery: i would like to see afk and busy flags NOT stored across logins. I and a few
other people would probably look more friendly if they weren't always there. sure, easy
to change on connect, but it would be nice

Disaster: something similar to vehicles, only instead of entering them you mount them,
so you could have horses and elephants and whatnot to ride around on without feeling
like an overly invasive veterinarian

AMystery: spell armor, like spell weapons. they would need to be rare and powerful but
it would be very interesting

AMystery: mobs should automatically pick up food. at least scavengers, but preferably
all. then we give kenders a better poison spell so they can taint food and leave it for
a mob to pick up. then there is a chance it kills them, or just poisons them

Frizban: make identify a hero skill, then maybe I'd stop submitting ideas like 'scroll' :)

Frizban: peek would also be a nice hero skill I think

AMystery: be nice if tellh gave an error message when the history is empty instead of a
blank line

Frizban: character birthdays, maybe just a little message like a repop that says
'today is your birthday!'

Frizban: sneak for heros

Frizban: A message for a failed ego whip. Something like 'a smurf disregards your scathing
comment about his mother.'

Frizban: a flag for heros to turn off healers autocasting on them, then we could stop
hogging all the spells for newbies

Frizban: Have hangman play for spell removal, wipe all spells like dying does.

Ferro: when you cast a spell you are already affected by, it reself the duration of the
spell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters that need to log in:

Aarwen, Aerokurtis, Almandot, Argo, Ballzee, Belathas, Biack, Carthis, Cenedra,
Cixelsyd, Cloudy, Crashland, Daneel, Daredevil, Darkraven, Dimitri, Drakon,
Drizzt, Dryder, Eid, Fhamorel, Firebird, Fliger, Gandaluf, Garxo, Goldstar,
Greylord, Hallucinogen, Happyman, Hiatus, Hrothgaar, Indy, Issafor, Jaeda, Jager,
Jesse, Kaioshin, Kandoro, Kenmar, Kenneth, Kiro, Knurd, Kurg, Kurtis, Kurtisvi,
Lee, Lid, Luigi, Lysergic, Lyte, Mallrat, Manitou, Marri, Maxis, Megan, Midgard,
Morgana, Mynyddog, Nailah, Naugrim, Nofaith, Peelo, Phill, Pollo, Prophecy, Punk,
Raist, Rasthan, Regan, Regina, Regis, Retrius, Rill, Robbinloxley, Rubrik, Salvante,
Samm, Sdog, Sevara, Shadowfax, Shara, Shawana, Sierra, Skeletor, Sphinx, Spite,
Taper, Teufel, Thavron, Thekurt, Thentia, Toppu, Wolverine, Xerox, Xurtle, Zifnab,
Zip, Zoltarus.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kiri's WWW of URLs:

Yes, they fight crime

http://home.epix.net/~mhryvnak/theyfightcrime.html

The Kitty Sleep Pose Olympics

http://www.themoggy.com/

The daily kitten

http://www.dailykitten.com/

HUGE gummy bear

http://homepage.mac.com/vasu42/PhotoAlbum5.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quotes:

"I worship the quicksand he walks in."
- Art Buchwald

"Wagner's music is better than it sounds."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A poem is never finished, only abandoned."
- Paul Valery (1871-1945)

"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
- General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964)

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
- Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon on why his works on celestial mechanics make
no mention of God.

"I choose a block of marble and chop off whatever I don't need."
- Francois-Auguste Rodin (1840-1917), when asked how he managed to make his remarkable
statues

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"The truth is more important than the facts."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
- Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other
is getting it."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"He would make a lovely corpse."
- Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial."
- Irvin S. Cobb

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin slitting throats."
- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."
- Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce
Satan.
My blog is located at:

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/kiri
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Ferro: as bright and intelligent as Illithids are, we can't identify things? Why not
give it to use as another spell or an inguild spell.

Frizban: make identify a hero skill, then maybe I'd stop submitting ideas like 'scroll'

Frizban: sneak for heros

>>This would just make illithids even more powerful than they already are. :p You guys have all the decent spells, you don't need more
AMystery: mobs should automatically pick up food. at least scavengers, but preferably
all. then we give kenders a better poison spell so they can taint food and leave it for
a mob to pick up. then there is a chance it kills them, or just poisons them
>>Just to add to this if not yet obvious, kenders getting XP from the kill
Ferro: when you cast a spell you are already affected by, it reself the duration of the
spell
>>I thought this has been brought up before, is there an argument for this because I concur to the idea.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld