June 26, 2003

This is where you can read the newsletters on the forum. Any replies are fair game to be put in the real thing.
kiri
Needs Help

June 26, 2003

Post by kiri »

News from the Realms:

Sozz: End of Summer Solstice Light Gathering
Mon Jun 23 00:04:38 2003
To: all

Summer Solstice has come and gone. I will be accepting no more entries for the light-gathering quest.
I hope the sun will make it another year, not too many people volunteered to gather light.
A big Thank-You to Leiland for sponsoring.
Participants were Howard, Cataclysm, Utena, and Terminal.
Prizes will be forthcoming as soon as I talk to Leiland, which won't be until after Thursday.
Thanks for participating!

Sozz

Ghaleon: Grad Quest Part 2
Tue Jun 24 23:55:16 2003
To: all
Just an update that the quest ends in June 28th, that's 24:00 System time of the 28th EARLY morning
More info here: http://www.barrenrealmsmud.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=285
>>Annie

These characters must log in or will be lost at the end of the month:

Adrian, Anyone, Apan, Arete, Blairo, Brinn, Cait, Chance, Cianan, Cloe, Cori, Corkscrew, Cracker, Darkmyst, Darth, Derek, Dreadnaught, Droz, Echo, Epicene, Fin, Flint, Gossard, Grunt, Haof, Ico, Infinity, Jinx, Khalim, Lincoln, Lorelei, Luminol, Mali, Marsipulami, Maya, Maze, Merc, Misfit, Nobody, Pez, Pippin, Ranquadelis, Ravager, Redsand, Saki, Silentbob, Smashin, Solid, This, THorin, Tinytim, Useless, Vegetaman, Wingnut, Yugi, Yunix

---------------------------------------------------

IDEAS:

Ack: Give Kenders a sap ability. It has the ability to knock the mob/pc unconciousususus(ie puts them to sleep).

Ack: Also the heavier the object the better the success rate

Ack: A fallback command, is like flee but isntead of going to another room you stay where you are. only works if YOU are the attacking person

Ack: when you enter the arena and you are invis then it should say Someone enters the arena

Ack: make the guardian killable and give the demons a different guild master across from the druids. I want his axe!!

Suicide: the minimum level requirement for each RC should be included in help fetish

Cord: you really should be prompted if you are sure when you type "remort" at level 151

Oversoul: Ballistic attack says you chuckle as a stone hits (MOB). It usually only taps. I think as you grow in level, the stone should be bigger and it should do more damage

Peel: get xp in the arena for killing players

Cord: this has probably been idea-ed before, but just in case... it would be nice if identify
old you what wear slot a piece of equipment was for...

Oversoul: If you're invisible and you can see yourself in "group" without see invis, you should be able to see what you typed in chath without see invis

-------
Kiri's WWW of URLs:

A really neat site with Japanese fun stuff

http://www.jlist.com/R/WACKY/

A neat ghost town site

http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/

A game forwarded by Oakley

http://www.xgenstudios.com/castle/index.htm

Also from Oakley, an arcade and nintendo emulator online

http://web.utanet.at/nkehrer/jae.html

--------

Professional Horoscopes

Horoscopes for your job position...

1. Marketing: You are ambitious yet stupid. You chose a marketing degree to avoid having to study in college, conentrating instead on drinking and socializing which is pretty muchw hat your job responsibilities are now. Least compatible with Sales.
2. Sales: Laziest of all signs, often referred to as "marketing without a degree." You are also self centered and paranoid. Unless someone calls you and begs you to take their money, you like to avoid contact with customers so you can "concentrate on the big picture." You seek admiration for your golf game throughout your life.
3. Technology: Unable to control anything in your personal life, you are instead content to completely control everything that happens at your workplace. Often even YOU don't understand what you are saying but who the heck can tell. It is written that Geeks shall inherit the Earth.
4. Engineering: One of only two signs that actually studied in school. It is said that ninety percent of all Personal Ads are placed by engineers. You can be happy with yourself, your office is full of all the latest "ergodynamic" gadgets. However, we all know what is really causing your "carpal tunnel syndrome."
5. Accounting: The only other sign that studied in school. You are mostly immune from office politics. You are the most feared person in the organization; combined with your extreme organizational traits, the majority of rumors concerning you say that you are completely insane. Oh, and usually the first to be incarcerated.
6. Human Resources: Ironically, given your access to confidential information, you tend to be the biggest gossip within the organization. Possibly the only other person that does less work than marketing, you are unable to return any calls today because you have to get a haircut, have lunch, AND then mail a letter.
7. Management/Middle Management: Catty, cut-throat, yet completely spineless, you are destined to remain at your current job for the rest of your life. Unable to make a single decision you tend to measure your worth by the number of meetings you can schedule for yourself. Best suited to marry other Middle Managers as everyone in your social circle is a Middle Manager.
8. Senior Mangement: See above - Same design, different title.
9. Customer Service: Bright, cheery, positive, you are a fifty cent cab ride from taking your own life. As children very few of you asked your parents for a little cubicle for your room and a headset so you could pretend to play "Customer Service." Continually passed over for promotions, your best bet is to sleep with your manager.
10. Consultant: Lacking any specific knowledge, you use acronyms to avoid revealing your utter lack of experience. You have convinced yourself that your skills "are in demand and that you could get a higher paying job with any other organization in a heartbeat." You will spend an eternity contemplating these career opportunities without ever taking direct action.
11. Recruiter, "Headhunter": As a "person" that profits from the success of others, you are disdained by most people who actually work for a living. Paid on commission and susceptible to alcoholism, your ulcers and frequent heart attacks correspond directly with fluctuations in the stock market.
12. Partner, President, CEO: You are brilliant or lucky. Your inability to figure out complex systems such as the fax machine suggest the latter.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Ack: Give Kenders a sap ability. It has the ability to knock the mob/pc unconciousususus(ie puts them to sleep).

You just gave me an idea, Kenders shouldn't be able to wield huge weapons due to their short sizes. At any rate, I don't see any reason for this.
Ack: A fallback command, is like flee but isntead of going to another room you stay where you are. only works if YOU are the attacking person
Bah! Rescue and Circle are enough.
Ack: when you enter the arena and you are invis then it should say Someone enters the arena
It's fun to see wizinvis imms entering the arena instead of using goto though. ^,^;
Ack: make the guardian killable and give the demons a different guild master across from the druids. I want his axe!!
Wtf...leave the man alone.
Suicide: the minimum level requirement for each RC should be included in help fetish
Agree. So we don't have to wait for the RC to TP us in. ^,^
Cord: you really should be prompted if you are sure when you type "remort" at level 151
For 100th time, I agree! :D
Does this mean you also lose xp in the arena if you are killed?
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

-no. kender are already EASY to level, with bs, the last thing we need to give them is a sleep skill so that their bs does MORE damage.

-just be glad you're able to wield the same weapons as everybody else. have you ever seen a kender try to use a pole-axe? blah.

it's a problem with no set room size in br. it would make sence in a field, being able to run away without leaving the area, but in a cramped tunnel it's not very likely. "fallback" seems to imply that the mob isn't going to actively seek you out after you attack-i'd be more in favor of code allowing certain mobs to follow and automaticly attack a fleeing character.

-*shrug* on the one hand it would be nice that there wouldn't be work arounds for seeing through invis, but on the other hand being able to see who levels, who's in arena, etc can be very good to know. it's no good if a relative newbie goes to arena and gets squished by a level 50 invis character when originally intending to face a level 10 invis character. *shrug*

-there are a few very good reasons that the guardian is no longer killable. they are not likely to change in teh near future. as for a different demon guildmaster, i believe that has always been the original plan, it just hasn't been taken care of yet.

-well, my idea, so i obviously agree with it ;)

-YES! PLEASE!

Oversoul: Ballistic attack says you chuckle as a stone hits (MOB). It usually only taps. I think as you grow in level, the stone should be bigger and it should do more damage
it would be nice if the damage ramping of certain skills/spells was atleast slightly adjusted, including ballistic attack, kick, etc.., but i'm not in favor of adjusting them to the point where they'd actually be more useful than other spells/skills of higher level, so wether it's a a really crappy skill people never use or a moderately crappy skill noone ever uses, i don't see the difference

-no. nope. no way. ain't gonna happen any time soon. EXTREMELY abusable, if it were put in.

Cord: this has probably been idea-ed before, but just in case... it would be nice if identify
old you what wear slot a piece of equipment was for...
-that would be nice, but why not instead only allow that extra information to be known by using thesius and his relatives. it would restore their use, now that identify scrolls are sold in calathar. i think wether or not an item is personalized should also show up in a thesius-identification.

Oversoul: If you're invisible and you can see yourself in "group" without see invis, you should be able to see what you typed in chath without see invis
-i don't see the need. if you can't remember what you said a moment or two after you said it and while looking at it in chath, you've got more serious problems anyways.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Cord

Post by Cord »

Cord: this has probably been idea-ed before, but just in case... it would be nice if identify old you what wear slot a piece of equipment was for...
-that would be nice, but why not instead only allow that extra information to be known by using thesius and his relatives. it would restore their use, now that identify scrolls are sold in calathar. i think wether or not an item is personalized should also show up in a thesius-identification.
Sounds good to me. Those ID people _are_ pretty spendy in comparison to the scrolls, but the lack of spell lag and this additional information would make it well worth it - to me, anyway. :-)