December 11, 2003

This is where you can read the newsletters on the forum. Any replies are fair game to be put in the real thing.
kiri
Needs Help

December 11, 2003

Post by kiri »

News from the Realms:

Quest Results:

DevilsAngel: Small, fun Christmas quest!
Mon Dec 8 22:05:18 2003
To: all
I hosted a small Christmas quest tonight! The questers were to string popcorn!
They hunted popcorn in Smurf Villiage that was lying about or on the mobs and put them in thier strings. The ones with the most Won!! Participants were Ballzee, Redeemer, Rahzel, Klepto, Andasa, and Criterion. The winners were First place....Klepto with 20 popcorns in his string, and second was Rahzel with 16 popcorns in his.
Everyone got something for playing! Thank you all again for playing!
If anyone has some Christmas quests they want to run just let me know!!!

--------------
IDEAS:

Rhyme: the degree of intoxication can affect spell casting...

Rhyme: a new race that eats mob corpses instead of regular food...

Rhyme: for a quest, pack the arena with mobs - have people make new chars to play - all level 1 chars, give the mobs tickets, person with the most tickets wins

Criterion: when you type prac, put everything into order by alpha

Lehua: a self destruct command to make a charmie just die... or maybe a poison potion you can make them quaf for instant slay

Criterion: put one of those dragon headed kiwi springs at recall

AMystery: help socialname, it shows the actual social with the variables. would be good for checking out what they do and learning how to write them

Criterion: illithid skill that swaps their place with another mob or char

Criterion: a meditation spell which converts mana into hp at 1 hp for every 2 mana points. you can grade the conversion based on level, so it starts at a conversion rate of 1hp/5mana. for all martial guids

Lehua: If you happen to kill yourself for any reason, immediate alignmennt adjustment to satanic... Since suicide is technically a mortal sin ;-)

Exe: weapons should have a weapon damage type when you id them

Klepto: detect invis potions don't last long enough

Org: there is some thing called gravity

Kiri-- NO WAY!!! Are you sure?

<a href="http://www.davidbass.net>AMystery</a>: we need another 30-35 area since all we really have is house of usher and rocky horror and there are no mobs in usher. make it something with ice dragons and gnomes and lots of traps

Criterion: when a mob repops with players in the room, the wind rustles and the room gets cold... and a mist coalesces into the mob

Lehua: when someone has a killer flag, sacrifices to the gods should say something like, Even the gods have forsaken you... Your sacrifice has been rejected.

Exe: maybe we could have special hero skills and spells for each race

Criterion: when you do who, alignment could affect the color your nname appears as... red for evil and blue for good, and green for neutral

-----------------
Responses by Anakin to last week's newsletter:

Lehua: a shopkeeper in the mortal realm that sells food, no weapons, no armor, no jewelery, no.. oh i don't know

>>There is the butcher and the baker in Calathar... icon_confused.gif

Criterion: an area attack skill for fighters that let's them engage and attack multiple opponents. requires high dex and wis and int.

>>You mean for humans? I think they'd appreciate these suggestions for the revamp. icon_smile.gif

Vader: let clericus sell spells like combat mind and sanc

>>Then just let Clericus sell all kinda of spells, no. Go make an illithid and a Druid. Simple as that.

Kitsune: could the Guardian use tell instead of say to talk to demons? It is a id odd when he suddenly quips something about replacement of various appendages. Just a thought! - Kit

>>People just got used to it... and I do think that they get a tell with a help file of the limb when a limb is replaced. icon_smile.gif

Criterion: how about a command called tnl, that reports your tnl as an emote

>>How about no... j/k! Sure, that would be neat. icon_smile.gif

Exo: word of recall should have SOME use, make it so if you type a city keyword, such as perelandra, your 'word of recall' recalls you to that city, only make it so ALL of your mv is taken away, since it is a really fast way to travel, and make the citie

>>Read "help word of recall". It's suppose to be useless, as far as I know. And just get your lazy butt to those cities. icon_rolleyes.gif

Disaster: heal restorehp and heal restoremana and heal restoremoves, for when you don't want to restore everything

>>Laziness, another sign of hunger.

Exe: i dont think memory mobs should attack linkdead people, if your connection blows out right after you flee, that mob could easily kill you. if it does, and you cant reconnect, your screwed

>>Whoo! Then I'll just go linkdead when I die and ask mi amigo to get my corpse while I follow them! Whee...no.

Rhyme: for illithid skill, this won't affect the mud's balance, but a spell that allows an illithid to deliver an item anywhere in the mud to a player, from any place else.

>>Haha! Phunny, I like it. *thumbs up*
------------------------------------
Kiri's WWW of URLs:

The ultimate Build your own cow site

http://members.tripod.com/~spows/cow.html

Are these objects male or female?

http://www.beautyinchaos.com/cgi-bin/sex.cgi

Really good streaming radio

http://www.di.fm/

Some of Oakley's artwork

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/gallery/artwork

-------------------------
The Worst Analogies
He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
(Joseph Romm, Washington)

She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you banged the door open again.
(Rich Murphy, Fairfax Station)

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
(Russell Beland, Springfield)

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup.
(Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring)

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and "Jeopardy" comes on at 7 p.m. instead of 7:30.
(Roy Ashley, Washington)

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
(Chuck Smith, Woodbridge)

Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
(Unknown)

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
(Jack Bross, Chevy Chase)

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
(Gary F. Hevel, Silver Spring)

Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like "Second Tall Man."

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
(Jennifer Hart, Arlington)

The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.
(Wayne Goode, Madison, Ala.)

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth.
(Paul Kocak, Syracuse, N.Y.)

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

The thunder was ominous-sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.
(Barbara Fetherolf, Alexandria)

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.
(Chuck Smith, Woodbridge)
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Rhyme: the degree of intoxication can affect spell casting...
>>It makes sense but I don't see the use for it. Then underwater should also affect spell casting, so does the weather since they all makes sense.

Rhyme: a new race that eats mob corpses instead of regular food...
>>You have to check on your doctor on this. Something's wrong with your head... No but really, they'd appreciate these kinds of suggestions for future races. :)

Rhyme: for a quest, pack the arena with mobs - have people make new chars to play - all level 1 chars, give the mobs tickets, person with the most tickets wins
>>10 more levels and you can finally work on this! Or maybe I can steal it from you. XD

Criterion: when you type prac, put everything into order by alpha
>>And maybe they can also sort them by % *nods*

Lehua: a self destruct command to make a charmie just die... or maybe a poison potion you can make them quaf for instant slay
>>. . . or you can kill them.

Criterion: put one of those dragon headed kiwi springs at recall
>>I think only imms can create them so why should they make a permanent one?

AMystery: help socialname, it shows the actual social with the variables. would be good for checking out what they do and learning how to write them
>>Anything that makes my lazy life easier is a good thing for me. :)

Criterion: illithid skill that swaps their place with another mob or char
>>I don't think they will be adding anymore things to the illithids for a while... good idea though.

Criterion: a meditation spell which converts mana into hp at 1 hp for every 2 mana points. you can grade the conversion based on level, so it starts at a conversion rate of 1hp/5mana. for all martial guids
>>Isn't this like medicine? Or are you talking more about like regen from Final Fantasy?

Lehua: If you happen to kill yourself for any reason, immediate alignmennt adjustment to satanic... Since suicide is technically a mortal sin
>>And whenever you use pray, immediate alignment adjustment to angelic... Since praying is religiously a good thing. No.

Exe: weapons should have a weapon damage type when you id them
>>Can't you just wield it and go kill something? (Get disarmed later on if it's noremove). It would neat addition though.

Klepto: detect invis potions don't last long enough
>>Just quaff it right before you look for something?

Org: there is some thing called gravity

Kiri-- NO WAY!!! Are you sure?

<a href="http://www.davidbass.net">AMystery</a>: we need another 30-35 area since all we really have is house of usher and rocky horror and there are no mobs in usher. make it something with ice dragons and gnomes and lots of traps
>>You were ignoring me earlier so all I have to say to you is "Go make your own" :twisted:

Criterion: when a mob repops with players in the room, the wind rustles and the room gets cold... and a mist coalesces into the mob
>>Sure, but I don't really see why... but then again I look in a room every 5 seconds.

Lehua: when someone has a killer flag, sacrifices to the gods should say something like, Even the gods have forsaken you... Your sacrifice has been rejected.
>>Better yet "When someone has a killer flag, no rules should apply to them"

Exe: maybe we could have special hero skills and spells for each race
>>Firm grasp doesn't hold you tight enough?

Criterion: when you do who, alignment could affect the color your nname appears as... red for evil and blue for good, and green for neutral
>>Nah, it's nice to know that everyone's as green as me.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld