If you were born before 1985...

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

When were you born?

Before 1985
85%
After 1985
8%
1985. All your base are belong to us.
8%

Total votes: 40
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

We are talking about the fish, right?
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Bluestar wrote:I was only born a year before that and I know or remember about 98% of it....except Mork? Who the heck is Mork?
Mork and Mindy. Mork was an alien who, through his relationship with Mindy, a human on Earth, taught us about our inner humanity.... More specifically, it was a TV show that stared Robin Williams.

Nanu nanu.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Java

Post by Java »

Is that the show where he crawls out of an egg thingy in the intro?
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

Yep. They had a lot of egg culture. It is also the show where they (the aliens) aged backwards: They were born adults and slowly became babies.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

I bet you feel old huh? *blinks at Java*
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

<-- Born in 1985

I'd say about 5-7 things on that list apply to me. Pac-man rocks; as mentioned before, family was poor/technologically stunted so I can relate to a lot.

And Popcorn rocks, it's on my Winamp playlist at the moment :D Along with it's '90s remix.
Everyone loves the chocolate!
Sgetsuo

Post by Sgetsuo »

Erin wrote:God I feel so old, I was 11 back in 85. I remember rara skirts, bros,nkotb, the hight of fashion in England as far as I can remember at that time was dayglo (wrong spelling I know) odd socks, one orange and one green (those were some seriously weird days).
Two words Erin - "Global Hypercolour"

What WERE we thinking? :lol:
AMystery

"sorry Charlie"

Post by AMystery »

Isn't that what the Angels said when they were all in bed with that guy who worked with them and charlie called and was upset because it wasn't him?

I was in 5th grade when Challenger exploded and we watched it live. I still remember the class and the TV and not the video. In my memory the box is blank and I know what the video looks like from later viewings.

That said, I have still never had cable and only briefly had an an answering machine. One is because the cable company wants to charge me an insane amount to run a cable to my house, and the other is because, I've just never had an answering machine. Didn't get CDs until the mid 90's. I did like nkotb, well, I had one album, which I recently gave away.

All in all, I don't remember much of the 80's, but I'm told that means I enjoyed them. I also don't remember the 60's.

I do remember the world's fair in 1981. It was nice. Big trains.
Java

Post by Java »

Amy, Challenger was 1986. You were in 5th grade? Shouldn't you have been in First or Second Grade like me?

But yes, I remember watching it on TV at school also, and then my first "moment of silence" afterwards.
Last edited by Java on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Java

Post by Java »

Sgetsuo wrote:
Erin wrote:God I feel so old, I was 11 back in 85. I remember rara skirts, bros,nkotb, the hight of fashion in England as far as I can remember at that time was dayglo (wrong spelling I know) odd socks, one orange and one green (those were some seriously weird days).
Two words Erin - "Global Hypercolour"

What WERE we thinking? :lol:
Reminds me of the Tshirts that changed colors depending on the temperature that were popular in the early 90's.
AMystery

Post by AMystery »

Yeah, I noticed you saying that Java. But, I was born in 1977, which makes me old.
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

geez, thanks
so you're saying I'm old too? (born in 1977)
My blog is located at:

http://www.jarrodlarocco.com/kiri
Java

Re: 1986

Post by Java »

AMystery wrote:Yeah, I noticed you saying that Java. But, I was born in 1977, which makes me old.
I was born in 1978, which means you shouldn't have been that far ahead of me in school
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Which means you're old too *duck*
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
MrWhite

Post by MrWhite »

Wow I feel young now (86.....)
Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes.