Consoles

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

What console(s) do you own?

Playstation/2
36%
Xbox
5%
Gamecube/Nintendo
36%
Console Addict aka I have them all
23%

Total votes: 22
Anakin
Mud Addict

Consoles

Post by Anakin »

Do you own any consoles? What do you think of the one that you have? What kind of games do you play?

I have a PS2 and a PS. I like both of them but like the obvious, I don't use my PS anymore since I can play PS games in my PS2 anyhow.

I love my PS2. It has a lot of great games (Along with the Final Fantasy series, there's Devil May Cry: 2, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto). It has a DVD playback (I heard rumors that it scratches DVDs and sometimes skips but I never experienced any of these). Instead of buying another DVD player, I got my black box with me. :) It also have a multiplayer function with an internet adapter. :D

One of the drawbacks that I don't like is that you can only play with two players without an additional adapter. It's really not a waste of money seeing a lot of games can be fun when played with more people but it still. :twisted:
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

er, devil may cry 2 is awful. AWFUL! the first part was great, though, but the sequel sucks mightily. *also wuvs her ps2 she's sharing with kharn*

someone tell me how to get back into the city where yuna was supposed to marry AFTER sin crashes into it? they won't let me back in! (so i can't beat ffx :( )
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Joysinger wrote:er, devil may cry 2 is awful. AWFUL! the first part was great, though, but the sequel sucks mightily. *also wuvs her ps2 she's sharing with kharn*

someone tell me how to get back into the city where yuna was supposed to marry AFTER sin crashes into it? they won't let me back in! (so i can't beat ffx :( )
www.gamefaqs.com :) Your gaming saviour.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

I have a gamecube for a few reasons...
1) My last and only console system was a Super Nintendo.
2) I grew up playing Nintendo at friends houses and rarely played a PS when it came out. (Although I did love Twisted Metal 2)
3) I am nostalgic for the classic Nintendo characters - Mario, Samus, Link, Kirby, Starfox etc ec.
4) It was cheaper
5) I didn't need a DVD-player

I spent a lot of time deciding whether to get a PS2 or a Gamecube. I decided there were more GC-only games out and to come than there were on PS2 that I was interested in. Most of the games I want that don't fall in that category are cross-platform. Halo and Kingdom of Hearts are the only exceptions I can think of.

I don't have a single game I don't like - which is surprising, because you usually end up with at least one bomb. My library is:
Zelda Windwaker, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Madden 2002, NHL 2003, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Crazy Taxi, Pikmin (which I haven't played yet actually), Super Monkey Ball 1&2, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime (one of the best games ever), Sonic Mega Collection (mmm Classic Genesis), and I think i'm forgetting something.

Of those, I think only the sports games and Dark Alliance are cross platform.

I plan on getting F-Zero (GC only), Mario Golf (GC only), Mario Kart (GC only), and Soul Calibur II (all platforms) - might look into Viewtiful Joe as well (GC only).

I also figure if I run out of GC games to play, I can buy the Gameboy Adapter that plays every single Gameboy game in existence on a Gamecube.
- George Bernard Shaw
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

I also have a GameCube and I am happy with almost every game I own. However, Resident Evil 0 just didn't do it for me. (In my defense, I thought I was purchasing the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil. Oh well...
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I have a gamecube, as well as a (still working) nes, a super nes, an n64 and a ps1 (which I bought so that I could play rpg's). I, too, very much like the gc - mario sunshine, zelda: wind waker and metroid prime were all great examples of what the platform can do... not to mention smash bros. melee. The load times are low, the graphics are stellar and smooth...... I do appreciate the backwards compatability and dvd player with ps2, but, for the most part, the games just aren't quite as interesting for me. Ditto, a step beyond, for xbox.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

my brother (and by extension, myself) has both a ps2 and a gc. personally, i prefer the gc for no other reason than metroid prime.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

not to mention smash bros. melee
Holy crap how did i forget Smash Brothers?! I love that game. :)

Unlocked all characters and stages too! *MOSH*
- George Bernard Shaw
Dio

Post by Dio »

eh i play every console i own. Those would be. PS,PS2,SNES,NES,OLD GAMEBOY,gamegear, and N64. I find that the SNES,ps1 and ps2 are best but thats just because they have good RPGs.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I own PS2 and GC. There seems to be more games for ps2, but a lot more garbage too. I like both systems, really. I love rpg and strategy games, and ps2 seems to have quality as well as quantity. Gamecube seems to provide more entertaining action games (mario, zelda, super monkey ball, etc). All in all, they are a toss-up for me. If you have the cash to buy both, then do it! If you do not...well, then it's a tough choice, but I would have to go with the ps2 if you wish to use it's other features (dvd, ps1 games). If you don't care about ps1 and already have a dvd player, then buy a gamecube (cheaper price).

Oh, and I also own a gameboy advance sp. My sons are flipping out over it, so I am going to buy them each one for Christmas. *packs up and prepares for the homeless shelter*

Systems I've owned in the past:

Atari 2600
NES
Genesis
Super Nintendo
Gameboy (original)
Game Gear (far superior to gameboy)
Playstation
PS2
Gamecube
Gameboy Advance SP
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Wiseman

Post by Wiseman »

I've owned every system in the past, but ones I have left, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, Xbox, gameboy, gameboy color, sega gamegear. Just need to replace the one's I sold, andd get a gameboy advance and gamecube.
Isn't the monkey such a cool animal???
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

I'm stuck steadily lovin SNES still. I have no other reason for this other then I'm most comfortable with the controllers.

Oh, and Street Figher II. *Aeyoooooookin!* *HA HA HA HA HA. YEEATAA!*

PS2 is sick. I like it. GTA3 is a trip as is Simpsons Road Rage. I hate even getting into the consols because every two years you're buying another one. Watch---March 04 there will be a PS3 and all the games for it will only be able to be played on it.
*shrug*

IT'S A SICK TWISTED CYCLE I TELL YOU!!
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Well, they just have to come up with another better console to compete with PS3, but flying with that, they should also make their old games compatible with the new console and not *coughs* buy an adapter so you can play it on the console *coughs* :twisted:
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

well, generally there's a really good way to avoid getting crappy games for the system you own. which would be: go to your local video store and rent them first! yay for me :p

only game we really regret getting is dmc2. really. some aren't as good as we thought (soul reaver 2, for example), but i really can't say we got us any games we dislike. ok, so i can't stand tekken or tony hawks proskater - but hey, they're kharn's games to start out with :D

did i mention yet that i did enjoy playing the first harry potter game? :ppp (vio owns it! muhahahhaa)
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

I kind of like Tony Hawk's Proskater, mainly because it can do stunts I can't do without injuring myself. I also like a lot of fighting games (Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom), I don't know it's redundant the way they move but I like playing them once in a while. I usually play with my brother Tekken, we love owning each other *g*.
-Jerry Seinfeld