What do you wake up to?

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

What drink do you perfer drink to wake up?

Coffee
17%
Tea
3%
Pop (soda)
17%
Cider
3%
Milk
No votes
Energy Drinks
10%
Juice
10%
Hot Chocolate
No votes
What ever
10%
None
28%

Total votes: 29
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

A very nice alarm clock is someone constatly beeping you while you're sound is in max volume. I remembered back then when I used to hear that constant beep while dozing off and before going to school, just to see a message saying, "What's up?". The question is starting to peeve me, or is it the beeping? Either one, it's all Nyteshade's fault.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

About..three months ago, I use to wake up to Aerosmith or Matchbox 20. *WHY wasn't that on the poll? You cannot have a bad day if start it off with Steven Tyler. You just CANNOT. It's impossible.*

But now..I wake up to the sound of my son yelling..

(Steven yells better. By far.)

*sigh*

I miss my sterio.. :cry:
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Sozz

Post by Sozz »

I usually wake up to my kitten crawling on me, or the sound of things falling into my garbage can from my bedside table as she attempts to find clear space to walk on.
As for drinks, I either drink water, or Powerade when I first get up. Mostly because I'm too tired to make tea at that point. Once I have some stuff in my stomach, I usually switch to 7-up, because I need the sugars, due to not eating a whole lot.
Sozz
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

i _HATE_ alarm clocks. so much i don't even own one. for a while there was this little radio thingie that'd wake me up by playing some music (or the senseless babbling of a moderator) but i had to get rid of that. it had a clock so i knew at once what time it is. now, i just wake up from my tv. which still sucketh.

thinking about it - i hate waking up, especially being woken by any kind of thing, and actually having to get up is the worst part. i don't use snooze buttons, i simply put my tv to the latest possible time i can manage to still be at work on time. (er, no, yes, i do make it on time usually. or only a minute off, don't get yelled at :)) no time for drinks. no time for food. but time for lots of grumpiness and always a bad start in the morn. (it really doesn't matter what time it is, either)

and the absolutely worst thing: i wake up before the tv comes alive. then i realize the tv isn't on. i'm shocked as i think i'm late. adrenaline rush! eventually it becomes clear that i am awake TOO EARLY! (how did this happen?!? *flail*) so i go back to bed. happy that i can still sleep. same game half an hour later (oh, i simply check by turning the tv on and seeing which time it displays. radical? maybe. but i don't own a clock i could look at. threw the radio alarm out, remember? ;)). and finally, while i am still asleep, it is time to actually get up and the tv turns itself on. at this time, i am fully asleep, don't know where i am, or what just happened and could just cry when i recall the night!
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
xorex

Post by xorex »

i have a cd alarm clock. if the cd actually plays before i get up, then i make an effort to get more sleep. usually i wake before it goes off or i am woken up by the quiet whirring of the cd as it starts spinning.
--Xorex
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

I luv Joy. She's great. (Joy, you are absolutly great) But..and this could just the fever talking but I swear I didn't understand that.

You are anti clocks but pro T.V's..and your TV is a clock? Was there a cat in your story too?

* I think I'm dying..I feel like crap*
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

I think the cat opens her TV. I'm not really sure... I guess the only song that can really wake you up is one by Sean Paul. You have to get up and turn off the TV or radio when it comes on.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

backstreet boys/ n'sync/clones are the one sure fire way to get me out of bed. i could be dead for 3 days, but if i hear that miserable racket i will do everything in my power to kill it and whomever i decide was responsible for inflicting it on me so early in the morning. (or afternoon, or evening...like joy, i really don't care what time it is, morning is when i wake up)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Well I'm glad the two boy bands are partly gone. But then again, there's Britney Spears JR... I mean Hilary Duff. Yeah. #1 in TRL yesterday... and the darn video is about a shirt. :roll:
-Jerry Seinfeld
Belle

Post by Belle »

Mountain Dew and a cigarette. Yes, I know they're bad for me. :wink:
Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

american mountain dew or canadian mountain dew? the canadian version has no caffeine, and is thus better for you (although still just as full of sugar and other crap, of course)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Belle

Post by Belle »

American mountain dew. I have to have a shot of caffeine and nicotine to start the day out right. :wink:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

disaster wrote:american mountain dew or canadian mountain dew? the canadian version has no caffeine, and is thus better for you (although still just as full of sugar and other crap, of course)
STOP THE AMERICA VS CANADA POSTS! We get he point, Canadians are perfectionist, americans are not. Sheesh!

Oh, and Belle, is the girl on your avatar from Bloody Roar?
-Jerry Seinfeld
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Anakin wrote:STOP THE AMERICA VS CANADA POSTS! We get he point, Canadians are perfectionist, americans are not. Sheesh!
Huh, and here I thought Canadians were from north america. Of course, they are not cool enough to get the "america" name all to themselves. Poor northerners had no choice but to call themselves canada, which sounds suspiciously like that character from Akira. So, we can assume that canadians are really a bunch of anime characters on ice skates drinking caffeine-free mountain dew and eating whale fat. Makes me proud to be an American.

Generalizing whole groups of people sure can be fun!
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Anakin wrote:Oh, and Belle, is the girl on your avatar from Bloody Roar?

I haven't the first clue. I just looked through the female icons and thought she was kind of cool looking. :oops: