Kill Bill Sightings

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

What did you think of Kill Bill Vol. 1?

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!
No votes
I loved it! Wanna go see it again?
73%
Eh, I could have lived without.
13%
I almost puked in the theatre.
No votes
Undecided?
13%

Total votes: 15
RadicalEd

Kill Bill Sightings

Post by RadicalEd »

I wanted to hear what everyone thought of Kill Bill Vol. 1

I liked it, it was definitely a Tarantino film :D So i'm happy and content :D
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

you didn't have my choice on the option list: "waiting to see it until volume 2 comes out"
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

best movie I saw in a while I liked how they put anime in there also
nicely done
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Is it worth renting and seeing volume 2?
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

Here's what I wrote when I first saw Kill Bill Volume 1:
  • I caught Kill Bill: Vol. 1 last week. It was an interesting flick. Like all Tarantino flicks, I watched it once and enjoyed it but would prefer not to see it again. It's hard to watch something that intense. I have mixed feelings about the movie. The total lack of character development and the almost total lack of plot bothered me. And the violence level was very high. On the other hand, the cinematography was impressive, the dialog was up to Tarantino's regular standards, and the action sequences were breathtaking. It made me think of a series of beautiful, but rather unrelated, snapshots.
Since they were actually filmed as a single movie, I don't feel qualified to make a judgement as to the movie (both volumes) as a whole until I have seen them both. Ask me in a couple of weeks.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

Scavenger wrote:Here's what I wrote when I first saw Kill Bill Volume 1:
  • I caught Kill Bill: Vol. 1 last week. It was an interesting flick. Like all Tarantino flicks, I watched it once and enjoyed it but would prefer not to see it again. It's hard to watch something that intense. I have mixed feelings about the movie. The total lack of character development and the almost total lack of plot bothered me. And the violence level was very high. On the other hand, the cinematography was impressive, the dialog was up to Tarantino's regular standards, and the action sequences were breathtaking. It made me think of a series of beautiful, but rather unrelated, snapshots.
Since they were actually filmed as a single movie, I don't feel qualified to make a judgement as to the movie (both volumes) as a whole until I have seen them both. Ask me in a couple of weeks.
I'll inform you friday (when volume 2 comes out) =P

Rad
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i just saw volume 1 the other night. it's definately worth renting to see at least once. i'd have to agree on the one-time viewing though. it's more a piece of art than a normal movie, and although i really enjoyed it as i have all of his films i'm not sure i have the appreciation of it as an art form that i'd need to have to watch it more than once
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

I saw volume 2. It was still a good movie in my opinion. Far less fighting, but more character development than the first. It had a few good action scenes, and a few twists. All in all i thought it concluded well. Now the next two movies on my must see list are Troy and Hero w/ Jet Li (it looks like a much more action packed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

Go here for info and trailers.... http://www.herothemovie.com/index2.htm

Rad
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

I am looking forward to Van Helsing. :D
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

oooh, me too, me too! more vampire movies is exactly what this world needs :)

i'm also looking forward to harry potter and not ashamed of it!
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

yeah van helssing looks good. Along with a few others i will see, but the only 2 that pushed to the front of my mind were those. Spiderman 2, Godsend, Man On Fire, The Day After Tomorrow, Harry Potter 3, The Chronicles of Riddick........*sigh* the list goes on. I think i should just hand my paycheck to the movie theatres

Rad
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

the first spiderman movie sucked and was dead boring. brings up hopes for the second, they can't repeat the beginning story again! :)
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Wow. I LOVED the Spiderman movie! It is one of the rare good movies that come out nowadays.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Spiderman was good. Much like X-Men (1), the plotline got somewhat buried in the gradual revealing of his super powers, so the entire first half of the movie felt rather plodding to me. If X2 is any prediction, the second spiderman movie should be easily better than the first.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

you almost have to expect that from the first installment of a comic book movie, just think of all the comic books themselves or other adaptations of them, the first time around you always need to spend some time setting things up for the people who watch movies but never read the comics.