Kill Bill Sightings

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

What did you think of Kill Bill Vol. 1?

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!
No votes
I loved it! Wanna go see it again?
73%
Eh, I could have lived without.
13%
I almost puked in the theatre.
No votes
Undecided?
13%

Total votes: 15
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

disaster wrote:you almost have to expect that from the first installment of a comic book movie, just think of all the comic books themselves or other adaptations of them, the first time around you always need to spend some time setting things up for the people who watch movies but never read the comics.
WEll to appreciate it then they better get up to speed.... slackers!
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Frankly, I would've rather the movie skimmed much more over the setting up the powers bit, and if people didn't quite understand, well, let them find out from people in the know or (heaven forbid) by reading the comic books themselves.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

NO! Don't make me read!!!!

Oh wait I just read that post!!! OH NO! I am doing things I don't want to do. Somebody stop me!!!
Slart

Post by Slart »

The preview for Hero runs before Kill Bill Vol. 2, and I have to say it looks awesome. I'm a little worried, though, that the release will be LA/NY only. It seems Hero was originally released in Asia in 2002 and was even nominated for an Oscar (Best Foreign Language Film). It has been quietly garnering a cult following over here as the DVDs, which have been out over there for some time, slowly make their way over (they're illegal here, of course, but we all know nobody cares). I read that the only reason it's being released here at all is that Quentin Tarantino has agreed to "present" it (whatever that means...I guess he did something similar for Iron Monkey a while ago.
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

oooh, hero hasn't been in your theatres yet? it's been runnin here about a year or more ago! finally we got something before you did! ;)
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

Joysinger wrote:oooh, hero hasn't been in your theatres yet? it's been runnin here about a year or more ago! finally we got something before you did! ;)
lucky...how'd you like it?
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

to be honest, i haven't watched it yet. meant to, but never got around to (since my terrible bro went ahead and without me! *whine*) however, he said it was great. if you get over the names ;)
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Java

Post by Java »

RadicalEd wrote:I saw volume 2. It was still a good movie in my opinion. Far less fighting, but more character development than the first. It had a few good action scenes, and a few twists. All in all i thought it concluded well. Now the next two movies on my must see list are Troy and Hero w/ Jet Li (it looks like a much more action packed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

Go here for info and trailers.... http://www.herothemovie.com/index2.htm
Troy was too predictable and long. I couldn't wait to get out of the theater.
Java

Post by Java »

Comatose wrote:I am looking forward to Van Helsing. :D
I saw Van Helsing and The Punisher on back to back nights. I loved The Punisher and was laughing with the rest of the audience through the back part of Van Helsing cuz it was so corny.
Java

Post by Java »

Joysinger wrote:oooh, me too, me too! more vampire movies is exactly what this world needs :)

i'm also looking forward to harry potter and not ashamed of it!
I enjoyed the Harry Potter movie
Java

Post by Java »

Bluey and I just finished watching Kill Bill 1 on DVD and went to see Volume 2 last night at the 2.00 dollar theater. I enjoyed the 2 movies, but could have done without some of the bloody scenes.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

<edited>
Last edited by Score on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Java wrote:
RadicalEd wrote:I saw volume 2. It was still a good movie in my opinion. Far less fighting, but more character development than the first. It had a few good action scenes, and a few twists. All in all i thought it concluded well. Now the next two movies on my must see list are Troy and Hero w/ Jet Li (it looks like a much more action packed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

Go here for info and trailers.... http://www.herothemovie.com/index2.htm
Troy was too predictable and long. I couldn't wait to get out of the theater.
*snicker* He was fidgeting the entire time durring the movie. Drove me insane. Of course it was predictable, it's an epic tale :P I think the word was that it was boring. Even the epic tales where I know what's going to happen, usually I don't get bored. A movie is supposed to draw you into it and Troy didn't do that for me.
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Bluestar
Mud Addict

Post by Bluestar »

Java wrote:Bluey and I just finished watching Kill Bill 1 on DVD and went to see Volume 2 last night at the 2.00 dollar theater. I enjoyed the 2 movies, but could have done without some of the bloody scenes.
I expected Volume 2 to be bloodier......
~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Java wrote:Troy was too predictable and long. I couldn't wait to get out of the theater.
Maybe because most people already know the story. ;)
Bluestar wrote:I think the word was that it was boring. Even the epic tales where I know what's going to happen, usually I don't get bored. A movie is supposed to draw you into it and Troy didn't do that for me.
My friend and I used the words "hits" and "misses" to describe the movie. When the movie "hits", you can't look away. When it "misses", it is difficult not to be dissappointed. And in my opinion, the "hits" of the movie always has Eric Bana in it. He delivered a very nice acting in this movie. Even if Troy was far from a perfect movie, it doesn't dissappoint the viewers as a summer fare. I watch movies in the theatres once a week and I recommended this on a lot of people who gave me a good review on the film. :)

I've yet to see Kill Bill 2. I didn't like the first movie so I'm not as enthusiased for this movie. I'll just wait for it on DVD. -_-
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld