Gratz Level Triggers

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.

Please select which option suits you best...

I have the gratz channel turned off because I don't want all the spam
30%
I have the gratz channel on because I like it, but the spam drives me crazy
9%
I have the gratz channel on and enjoy the triggers
17%
I have the gratz channel on and don't care either way about the triggers
26%
I have the gratz channel off and don't care either way about the triggers
17%

Total votes: 23
Nest

Gratz Level Triggers

Post by Nest »

I would just like to say that I really don't like level triggers. They are very impersonal and spam everyone that actually would like to keep their gratz channel turned on. I like getting personal congratz via the gratz channel and think it adds to the atmosphere of BR for people to be able to see the gratz channel. If you honestly ask yourself whether or not you read the triggered gratzes most of you will say no. Now ask yourself if you would rather receive an occasional personal congratulations from someone who took 5 seconds to type it up. Most of you know you would. I keep getting told to turn off my gratz channel if I don't like it, but I don't want to. I like getting personal congratz. I really think that if the gratz channel is being turned off by a lot of people because there is too much spam that it is being misused. I think I'm going to post a poll on this message. Please, respond to this topic.

Nest/Sketchy
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

My opinions is not on the list... I have the gratz channel on and I also like gratz messages; although, one of my pet peeves is the triggers. I don't see why people have triggers if they can just type one up themselves. One person that I asked said that they want to congratulate everyone (like they know them :roll: ) to make them feel somewhat special or whatever. Some of the people doesn't even care if they are congratulated--so great, the new comers feel good about it *brilliant eyes watching the colorful messages* but after a week it's getting pretty old *eyes cowering as the blinding lights come on*. To end this point, I'd rather prefer a personal message like Nest said.

>>I don't want to turn off my channel cause I like how my friends congratulate me sometimes.

** It's pretty much impossible to force everyone to do this (considering some imms also like the idea of this leveling triggers) so if I can at least ask the people who are usually playing two characters to turn off the trigger on one of them cause it lessens the spam even a little.

I don't want this to be too long cause I also get bored reading long posts so I hope I got my point out.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

You do know your first choice in the poll does not exclude your last choice on the poll.

I have the gratz channel off because I don't like the spam AND I don't care about the triggers.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

I personally don't mind the spam of the gratz channel. Most of you know that I don't use the gratz channel, but I do have a leveling trigger. Mine may be anoying also. Maybe I should consider turning it off.

Thank you for giving me something to think about.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

You know you like how our replies sometimes goes through you, Coma. Admit it already. :twisted:
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Anakin wrote:You know you like how our replies sometimes goes through you, Coma. Admit it already. :twisted:
OK. I admit I love to get the mistells. :mrgreen:
If it is impersonal to get a tell along with the spells everytime you level then I will consider that.
RadicalEd

Post by RadicalEd »

I'm free to go either way :D I can understand how its spammy, but even though they are triggers i can appreciate them :D
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

Rad
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i would prefer not to see triggers, and just have people use aliasses instead, so it's atleast a little more personal, has to be initiated manually. the only thing i REALLY hate though is when there are 2 triggers going off, from the same person using two different characters. most of the time, they don't even bother to use different gratz, so it's the exact same message twice. that, i just hate.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

I'm with Disaster. Seeing those double-triggers from one/two players just make me think, "Man, what a moron."
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I love triggers. They make me happy.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Kiri, you must have been bored last night. These are some old threads.
We love you anyway. *hugs*

:wink:
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

You just have no idea...
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

She was so bored that she actually talked to me! Now, how bored do you have to be before that sounds like a good idea?
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Scavenger wrote:She was so bored that she actually talked to me! Now, how bored do you have to be before that sounds like a good idea?
rofl.

She is so bored that I can't keep up with her. I keep reading and then check for new posts and there is always one. Now I can't get my work done. Kiri you are going to get me in trouble. :P
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Sorry!!! but you are entertaining me, doesn't that make you happy?