What's the most powerfull race on BR? (in your opinion)

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.

What race is the most powerfull in BR?

Avian
20%
Dwarf
22%
Human
8%
Elf
20%
Druid
4%
Illithid
14%
Kender
10%

Total votes: 49
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I agree. It is a surprise no one has chosen Kender. Kender are the most powerful in many respects.

Having said that...

I have been of the opinion for a long time now that Kender need to be changed. Everything from the name of the race...to their abilities. Most especially, change the name.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Kender's only real strong point comes in their ability to backstab. After that goes through, they fight essentially the same as a dwarf without the enhanced damage. i.e. they get parried and dodged like crazy and do normal damage when it does go through. Like elves before flaming went in, I feel kender need to be seriously revamped to be less dependant on backstab.
I know someone's going to comment about taint, and personally, it just doesn't make much sense to me - putting poison on a weapon could do extra damage, but it'd only do so for one hit, as afterwards more poison wouldn't really do much more. Any case, you have to spend lots of time collecting eq and money to use taint constantly, so it doesn't really speed up leveling at all, imo.
Last edited by Everybody on Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

Stars wrote:I have been of the opinion for a long time now that Kender need to be changed. Everything from the name of the race...to their abilities. Most especially, change the name.
Why change the name? What's wrong with Kender?
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

Nevermind, I missed the other thread.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Noone enters arena with full life when fighting a kender. Kenders are not so good in arena, they can fight somewhat good but only if they have nice pierce weapons.
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength - George Orwell
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

Hiya peeps.. just gotta put in my two cents. Yeah dwarves can kick butt in the arena but that's just showing off. They gain nothing from arena fights except bragging rights. Illithids however, can incapacitate several mobs at once with death field. I think this by far makes them the easiest race to level (after about level 40 or so). I just think people are afraid to stay with them long enough to realize how truely powerful Illithids really are.
Woot! go Squids!
-----Oversoul-----
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

well all races are the same wit me 2 hits kill a mob...so I vote all now :)
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Try voting for mortal levels then. :p
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I wish I hadn't voted for elves now.
Still, NO ONE has voted for kender...
*BOGGLE*
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

And yet the majority of the Outcasts are kenders. :roll:
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Well most of them picked a race that doesn't require magic because their int/wis is so low with such low stats.

They also don't get that much strength, even with all the +str equipment. Therefore, given they're playing by a whole new set of rules, they are banking on backstab.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

kender are the best/most popular (imo) outcast race because 1)bs rocks 2)no need for magic 3)there's lots of low +dex eq 4)they only need bs, dual, dodge, parry, 2nd attack, 3rd attack ,sneak to be as good as any kender out there. (throw in circle and dirtkick if you want) 5)the above mentioned skills can be practiced without waiting for mana which with 3 wis recharges VERY slowly
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

hmm mort lvls . . .elf
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

To all the people who chose a kender outcast... BAH!!!! You took the easy way out :). Try playing an illithid outcast, and show that you actually know how to play this game! ;)
-----Oversoul-----
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i think that the well-informed choice to take a kender shows just how well we DO know the game. oh, and oversoul, what level is your outcast again?? race doesn't matter for the first several outcast levels since you can't get any skills, so being an illithid or kender really shouldn't be what's slowing you down ;P
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".