What's the most powerfull race on BR? (in your opinion)

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.

What race is the most powerfull in BR?

Avian
20%
Dwarf
22%
Human
8%
Elf
20%
Druid
4%
Illithid
14%
Kender
10%

Total votes: 49
Ginzor

What's the most powerfull race on BR? (in your opinion)

Post by Ginzor »

I just have to know peoples opinion in what the most popwerfull race in BR is.
Plz send a little note about why they are the most powerfull race, what's making them so much better then the other. :)
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength - George Orwell
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

I'd say dwarf. Dwarves are the nastiest level 50 in the arena. They can disarm those silly humans. I would think that a fully enhanced elf can kick a dwarf's butt if they don't have battle lag from getting disarmed (3 acid blasts from a disarm can really harm a dwarf, not to mention if the dwarf disarms 2 of your weapons) but for now, I would say dwarf.

Leveling would be a lot easier with a dwarf, too. Just tank a battle and let those tiny people thwap those who oppose your group.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Alright, in an arena combat situation (below avatar), I'd pick a dwarf nine times out of ten. As far as general combat (vs. mobs) goes, though, I'd choose a human or avian. Avians' enhanced damage and feathers get ridiculously powerful as you move farther into the hero levels, while humans' high dex and good attacks keep them competitive throughout, and especially easy to level through to hero.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Oh come on now, guys. Demon is by far the most powerful race.

As for the others, it really depends upon how you view power. In the arena or for leveling. If it is raw power in the arena, then go with a dwarf. If you want pure leveling power, then elf is your race. I've said this for a long time. Elf spells always hit and always do damage. When a dwarf is swining his weapon wildly and missing everything, an elf can fling spells to kill a mob 10 levels above himself.
It is easy to hero an elf since they do not need out of guild skills. And teleport whips you around the Realms like a little elvish whirlwind. Get that flaming eq and watch those mobs disintigrate before your eyes. Who needs extra attacks or high dam bonus? An elf wouldn't care if his hit/dam was 0/0. It would make no difference. Also, once a full set of flaming eq is aquired, an elf never needs to worry about hunting for eq ever again. All this leads to fast fast fast leveling.

All the races are fairly equal, and are worth giving a try. The "most powerful" really comes down to what you like, rather than which is really superior to the others.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

I would say humans and avians are far easier to level then elves, and btw demons aren't represented here as you can see on the poll :wink:
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

The question was which is the most powerful.

So if you take two characters with the same stats (hp at least), which is more powerful?

IMO, now that flaming code works. An elf who can't be tripped or disarmed (i.e. remove the weapon). Will beat a dwarf in the arena.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I've never actually tried, but I still think the dwarf (same level, same hps) would beat the elf, simply because the main problem with dwarves (getting parried and dodged all the time) doesn't seem to happen to nearly the same extent in the arena as outside of it. But, I still think it'd be a close thing... really coming down to what eq each one's using... a full set of flaming eq vs. one that gives a massive damroll would be a very close fight.
-EB
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

I'd say the elves in normal gameplay, not in arena situations thou.
Because... thay can easally dispel and blind their targets, get invisible and pass door whenever and fast teleport around to get new supplies for healing and such.
Pau

Avians by far

Post by Pau »

Comon now...avians rock the arena...they get disarm and tailsweep along with enhanced damage...dwarves hit less often than avians...so i think if an avian and a dwarf level 50 lets say 1k hp fight who will win?...would be the avian of course...DUH...lol :D
of course then are the IN(not so)-famous elves...i think it would be pretty close...but i think in 3/4 times the avian would prevail...but hey what does my oppinion count most of the time...
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I'm sorry, Pau, but I don't agree. You're basing your ideas on parrying/dodging on what mobs do against these races, and those assumptions are simply not true when you consider PCs against each other. Claw is (vaguely) better than third attack. Other than that, all the basic combat skills between avians and dwarves are exactly the same. The avian's loss of eq (four slots worth) impacts not only their ac (which will be worse, thus meaning that the dwarf will hit somewhat more) but their damroll. This loss of damroll (and it is considerable... nearly 10 points at level 50) is the real killer when you consider the two against each other... it means the dwarf will be doing 15 (+1.5x the av dam on their weapon) damage more PER HIT than the avian will. Even the occasional claw that gets through when a third attack wouldn't doesn't compensate enough for that.
-EB
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

And not forgetting that dwarves actually get more hp then Avians (whatever is right or wrong) but it is this way. They can start enhancing at level 8 and get more each level too.
DevilsAngel

Post by DevilsAngel »

It is amazing to me that Illithid never comes up in these types of discussion. Before playing one I had no clue how powerful they are, but I know in leveling, it was the easiest race to hero that I've played. I've heroed an elf, avian, Ill, demon and druid, Though Demon was close to it in ease. I must admit I have no clue how they would do in arena as I didn't arena with my Ill, but if you could use death field on the opponent I think the Ill would woop their hiney.
*bounces around* Dev
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Actually mb is very powerfull in arena.
I have a level 50 Illithid so I know, combined with a succesfull expose it can be half the life of a mortal. But you can't use the most important and characteristic spells an illithid have in arena fights. Now death field is understandable but as I asked earlier plz make the breathspells work in arena! :cry:
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

SQUIDS!!!! Yes I know that this is an old post but I finally figured out how to post while on aol :) sooooooo I am posting now. As for Ills being the strongest race in br... well IMHO yes they are in the hands of a capable player. They may not be able to do uber damager like dwarves or avains (when they hit) or do high damage almost constantly like elves/druid (when they have mana), but I think they are the strongest overall race due to the fact that *I* enjoy playing them more than any other race and have the most fun doing so... just my twenty-five cents... :lol:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Putting up mental barrier in the arena is like saying You can teleport to a mob on a Find a mob quest.

You can put up MB, we should be able to use aliases too. :twisted:

As for the most enjoyable race, I'd say I enjoy playing druids the most. They have different spells and what not that you can experiment with.

What I'm surprised to see is that there are no votes for Kenders. Kenders are like the beat of the drum in a band. Without them... wait... without them, everything can go as planned. *smirk*
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld