A new challenging race

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

They will get skills...

just not very useful ones. ;P

On the other hand, I think it wouldn't be out of the question to give them some unique skills on their way up. They would be more challenging to use effectively, but would add spice to the race. I'll come up with some ideas later. I'm getting sleepy now and I have to get up at 4am.
Last edited by Stars on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i agree db. i'm all for having a challenging race, but if it takes 100 kills per level because you can only kill things lower than you, and you have to wait an hour between kills to regen hp because pills don't work, i don't think it would be much fun. difficult, yes, but lets try to avoid the boredom aspect if possible :)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

here's an idea: if a person of this mole race dies, instead of creating a pccorpse it just creates a corpse, allowing it to be eaten, looted, etc by other players and mobs
Cord

Post by Cord »

That's a thought. I like that, actually. Much quicker decay time, too.

As for the limited skill sets, yeah, DB's got a point.

Heheh. How about the only skill they get is random. ;-)
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Stars wrote:They will get skills...

just not very useful ones. ;P
Why give them skills if they are not useful. There are already plenty of skills and spells that different races have that are not useful. They won't be used if they are not useful. That will just make the race that much more difficult to define, and create.

I defiantly think they should have some skills, and they should be at least something that would be worth putting in.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

This was further down in that same post, Comatose.
Stars wrote:On the other hand, I think it wouldn't be out of the question to give them some unique skills on their way up. They would be more challenging to use effectively, but would add spice to the race. I'll come up with some ideas later. I'm getting sleepy now and I have to get up at 4am.
What I meant was that they could get useful skills, but that they would be unique and challenging to use.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

sorry, I read that I just must not have paid enough attention..

:?
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i think that random COULD be a good spell for them to get, but at an increases mana cost. otherwise, random basicly gives them the ability to cast every defensive spell in the game. also, i think they should get some version of a tan like skill. possibly tap into the magical energy of a dying foe in order to have a chance at casting create potion? a guaranteed casting would maybe be a bit much, but a chance of casting (lower chance if the mob isn't close in level to the characters level) i think would be a really interesting idea.