tnl

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.
Cord

tnl

Post by Cord »

It seems there's always been speculation (by myself and others) that some races have an inherently different tnl than the others.

Well, I did some research this morning/afternoon. I took a new character from level 1 to 10 in each race, practicing zero skills. As soon as I got to level 10, I recorded the characters exp and tnl. Here are the results, by race, exp, and tnl (really wish there was a way to specify block width font or html to make a better table but anyways):

Ill, 210776, 72468
Dru, 211877, 71367
Ken, 211045, 72199
Avi, 280595, 96894
Dwf, 210612, 72632
Elf, 209818, 73426
Hum, 209745, 73499

So there you have it. Given that the mobs I killed to make level ten gave between 1000-3000 exp, it would seem that all races are created equal, except avian. Presumeably, since avian have all the skills they need in guild, their tnl was bumpted up to make them a bit more equal with the other races.

A semi interesting follow-up would be to have a 151 of each race post what their tnl is. (Exp will vary due to enhancing, but tnl should be a good measure. Since at 151 all skills are practiced, any differences in tnl between the races should be due to the race itself... presumeably with the race with the highest number of in guild skills having the lowest tnl.)

So yeah, if you've got a 151 of a race that hasn't yet been posted here, throw up that characters race and tnl.

:-)
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Exp will vary due to enhancing
Exp won't vary. Your total XP will be reduced by the 300,000 when you enhance, getting it back will simply return you to the point where you were when you enhanced.

Enhance right after you cross 300,000. You'll see your xp drop to like 1000. :)
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I presume he actually meant practicing... those with lots of oog's will certainly have a higher exp total than those who don't. I'd actually be interested in seeing xp/tnl levels at 51 for people, as well, especially if they manage a no oog's character (I've done it, they're possible, even with spellcasters.)
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

at avatar things get screwy, since all spells that aren't specificly oog for you are considered in guild at avatar.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Cord

Post by Cord »

First, thanks EB; yes, that's what I meant.
disaster wrote:at avatar things get screwy, since all spells that aren't specificly oog for you are considered in guild at avatar.
Hmm. I wasn't aware of that. And I suppose the impact of this would vary across the races to boot (i.e. Avains with almost no additional skills specified as oog).

Hmm. Well, if anyone has any higher level morts with only in-guild skills practiced, it'd be interesting to hear from _them_....

Otherwise, I suppose I may level some of these new characters as time permits. (Leveling _anything_ seems sooo much easier after Outcast... ;-) )