Avians

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.
DevilsAngel

Post by DevilsAngel »

awwww, thanks Anakin, your to sweet!!!
*bounces around* Dev
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i'm thinking that would be a REALLY bad idea lairian, basing power on gold in the bank. i could see giving dragons certain attack spells that cost gold as well as mana to cast, but the BR economy just isn't set up to make anything being dependant on gold feasible.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Cord

Post by Cord »

Everybody wrote:*nod* I was going to link to it, DB, but it didn't like me trying that, apparently (got 404's etc.)
404'd!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/AnythingThatIsn'tALink

(Edit: quote at top added to put my link into context; I went and posted it without realizing there was a second page of posts to view before replying [again]...)
Last edited by Cord on Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

But that would be what makes them so interesting to "level"....
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

Make gold requirements INSANE to be anything.

Hundreds of millions to hero, in the order of billions to avatar.

If they sell like demons, that's possible, if hard.
--Lairian
Faustus

Post by Faustus »

Why base things on gold storred in the bank? Traditionally, dragon's hoard their gold, going as far as to sleep on top of the pile. No self respecting dragon is going to let some measley bank clerk so much as glace at even one of his coins. If the dragon isn't guarding any of his gold himself, it's a good as handing it away to a petty thief. I say that if certain dragon skills/spells are dependant on how much gold a dragon has, make them carry the gold on themselves (and actually carry it... not just squirrel it away in some pack). I, for one, would be curious to see where dragon PC's would hang out to avoid theif type mobs...
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

That works too. I was just thinking of being nicer than that.
--Lairian
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

Is this a official enough submission channel, or should I go through another one?
--Lairian
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

*shrug* you could make gold feasible as a rating of power, it would just take some doing to be balanced - the easiest way is that the xp equivalent is only rated against money you take from mobs' corpses, and somehow the rest of the money you have on you is considered "slush" in some way or another (preventing farming money piles, or takeable high loads that are easily sellable). In this sort of situation, your level tables would actually be very very low (even avatar level mobs only give several thousand gold for killing them). But, even so, you'd have to keep an eye on what you're spending money on, and another eye out for thieves, etc. (Of course, thieves have lots of money on them, so maybe you'd keep an eye out in order to kill them... either way.)
-EB
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

More likely, not allow dragons to sell things at all, now that I think about it. No dragon would trust a human over that, nor would a human feel comfortable haggling with a dragon. I would suggest that first, dragons cannot have commercial dealings with other characters, as there would be no dragon, who draws his life force from his treasure, that would trust a mortal to know about his hoard, and second that dragons have a skill that allows them to convert magic tagged items, as well as treasures, into hoardings (e.g. thier value in gold times a carefully considered and tested constant for balance). I would also say that dragons should not be able to drop things at all due to their hoarding instinct (give them the ability to eat anything so that they don't have weight problems, or make them go to the hangman if they pick up too much worthless junk...decisions, decisions...), or pick up anything ever touched by another player, since things added to the hoard must be completely and totally trusted that they are not traps in any way.

Perhaps allow a dragon to "eat X coins" to heal themselves and/or fill their hunger as a rationalle for why they hoard treasure so vehemantly; they litterally need it to live.

Anyway, just a vision that I had when they were referenced allong with a few of the things from my happy place about what to do with dragons based on the highly enigmatic statement over what they were...many moons ago, though how many I can't remember. Besides, memory is reconstructive, so I could just be "remembering" what I want to have heard, rather that what I did.
--Lairian
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

I advise you start a new thread on demons... maybe ask Kiri to move a good chunks of this one.

It's not exactly Avians anymore.

I blame EB! He started in with Angels in the first place! :o
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

For once, I'll accept the blame. But count yourself lucky, this time!
-EB
anjast

Post by anjast »

im evil and twisted see

evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Tbok

Post by Tbok »

kiri wrote:If you like. An imm who is no longer with the mud wrote it many, many years ago.
lol, many many many.