Illithids

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.
Cord

Post by Cord »

Blast that Xorex, anyways. I was planning on going the with little head-spinner guy too, until I saw he was already in use...
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

This is the only avatar I liked out of the few good ones and the hundreds of pokemon... :) if you can send me a link to more avatars I'll gladly change.
-----Oversoul-----
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Have you checked the Male and Female list? There are some there and thank goodness Ash, Brock, or Misty are not there!
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

Wink, Ginzor! :D

I have another suggestion for illithids...
I think they should get a skill that made them able to locate a mob/players mind and follow thier mind to where the mob is. Kinda like track. Not that it is a necesarry skill, but I think it would be a nice complement skill, since they dont have tp, astral, track, summon, locate.
Also I think they should get benefits for using a shield (i.e. Block attack), as I suggested in the code suggestion forum.
in space no one can hear you scream
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

ill already have the most insane ac of any race, plus mb. they hardly need to get BETTER use from a shield. as for locating a mob's mind, they get scry. sure, it's maybe not as easy to use as track, since scry requires some knowledge of the area in order to be useful, but they do get it just the same. as far as implementing track-type skills, hunt i think should be far higher in the priority list than any possible changes to make other races easier to play.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

Oh, I didnt know of scry til now =)
in space no one can hear you scream
Exo

Post by Exo »

just cause i made one, i now realize how good illithids are. im not a HUGE fan of them, but for anyone who hasnt played one, its definately worth it. the only bad thing about illithids is the fact that they need so damn much mana. perhaps, even though i know for a fact nothing will be done about it, but perhaps illithids could get a few of thier spells lowest mana requirement dropped by a little. not much, and im talking about deathfield or ultrablast, i mean detonate and psychic crush, but then again, my illithid isnt even all that high of a level so i may just be complaining about something that doesnt need to be complained about.

YOU ALL KNOW IT, im the master of idiots, just ignore me
I am happy to let girls indulge themselves using my body.
CrazyChaos

Post by CrazyChaos »

Hehe, I have a lot to reply to. For one thing, if illithids get changed at all, I don't think it should be for the better. They are already awesome. They already have amazing spells like death field and mental barrier. Considering all the good damaging spells they have too, they are a very good race already. One thing I'd like changed is that frenzy should be in guild. They learn it even before elves, why shouldn't they be able to learn it in guild? Somehow the topic got changed to fastest leveling mortal race, and I think if you can play elf right, it is the easiest to level by far. I think a far second would be avian, and maybe kender as third.
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

i have an illithid and i disagree. they're only good to play when you're grouped really. But then they're lots of fun (eh yeah, as i like being the boss it'll require me to lead. *nod self*). unfortunately, there's often times when you just can't group and they are an awful solo race compared to all others.
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

admittedly, Illithids work best as tanks until they can use Death Field consistently. From then on, they're amazing soloists. Hero levels fly by with Death Field.
-----Oversoul-----