Illithids

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

A roomwide energy drain would give elves a room attack. This is one of the few things they lack. I don't count call lightning as that has a huge list of hinderances whereas this does not.

This would be a way for elves to do an expensive detect hidden that would not fail, as the mob would attack one way or the other. If you fail on a faerie fog, you walk away from the hidden mob none the wiser; elves aren't supposed to be thiefkillers, they're wizards.

And blindness is uber enough without adding other nasty side effects to the list.
--Lairian
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

I jus ae one quesion....why were elves mentioned???? I mean I wanted the spell for Illithids :lol:
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

sorry for the last post to be cut so short, a couple of the keys on my pc were not working at the time. Anyways, I was not trying to sound angry or something like that (if that is the way you would at first preceive it to be), but I think elves are pretty good as is, I mean they get charm, teleport, enchant, etc etc. Course again I cannot comment on anything about elves since I am biased towrads the squids and I dislike elves in all and any sense of the word. :D other than that have a nice day :lol:
Lairian

Post by Lairian »

Energy drain is an elven spell. Therefore I made the logical jump that you wanted it to get upgraded later on down the line.

As far as an Illithid getting it, I'd really like to see someone explain how a psionicist steals life energy.
--Lairian
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

Well if they can control their brain substances as in Adrenaline control they might be able to control that they don't feel so much pain.
As the drug psycho in Fallout 2 *blink@Croplin*
Or just something about that they can control brain substances their own and others. *shrug*
Or just ignore me *shrug*
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength - George Orwell
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

Mebbe have it like they are stealing the neurotransmitters or something from the other mobs.... anyway a helpfile could read something like

Few powers of the darkest of mentalist is feared as much as is the ability known as Subversion of the Body. This very power has the ability to drain away the stability and bodily health of any creature who is within the area so effected and generously give it to the psionicist in return.

so in theoretically, any mob/pc that stands within the room of the target is placed as a target by this dreaded power of life fetching, removing, and redirecting to the Subversion of the Body using psioniicist or somehitng like that... And Like I said before the use of this spell by a good, or even neutral alignmened person is not usually considered to be a good act, and those of either of those alignments will slowly find themselves twisting downwards towards evil and join the ranks of evil people who love to use deathfield!!! *cue dramatic sounds*

ANOTHER Idea for this would be to have it like a frenzy... where both elfs and squids get it, but for squids it is ig and for elves it is oog...
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Illithids are good as it is. They get Mental Barrier and Death field. That's all needed to kick ass. Now for the most part, I think that they are done with illithids for now. We'll see the next update ages from today.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Alright. When ills were revised last time, things that didn't make sense for them to be able to do - rearrange molecules, affect physical things with their minds especially - were removed, or the helps redone to make it a physical effect caused by mental processes. This is the reasoning behind why enhance armor and disintegrate were removed, as well as lend health and lend strength. I see no reason that giving ills a mass energy drain would fit under the current idea of what they can affect, not to mention that, as far as I know, ills are not scheduled to be revamped at all, nor do they need a spell like that.
As far as a charm spell goes, I'll reiterate my view - if we take it away from avians, ills can get it.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

well, since avians are widely regarded as the easiest non-demon mortals to level, i think giving charm to ill instead (which really does seem to be more in keeping with illithids abilities than avians) would be a good idea. i also think that ill should have sleep in guild, or some ill version of sleep, since the yare psionicists making someone fall asleep should come very naturally to them
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Actually, elf is by far the easiest to level. Avians are not nearly as easy.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Ginzor

Post by Ginzor »

I played 'em all and avians are easiest!
Second Human and Elf
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength - George Orwell
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

:hugs Dis: :D

I agree with this!! Also with the whole sleep thing ig, it could go along with my hypnotic stare thing which casts like a weakin/sleep/whatever too
Gandhi

Post by Gandhi »

Imagine if ills could get rescue...instead of chain circles like kenders, there could be a mental barrier circle... but still it would be neat for ills to get a form of rescue, like kind of like a brain control thing ordering it to attack the ill instead of the other person

Another thing is, did anyone else know Vertigo has a -HP effect? I just recently found out this while experimenting with some spells. Since they get that lil bit from vertigo why not give them the spell which I mentioned earlier which acted like a mass energy drain :wink:
Oversoul

Post by Oversoul »

Bah!!!! Shame on me for not posting in this forum earlier!!!!! I am the supreme illithid lover!!! *toe*

Anyway Nyteshade, Illithids are not weak! Far from it! Death field makes leveling so fast, especially as a hero! I'd race anyone (non demons) from 51 to 151 with an illithid.. not saying I'd win (though I most likely would! hehe), but I'd go really fast! *toe again*. As for vertigo and the negative hp, I think slart said it was an accident when that was put in, or it was just a bug? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Anyway........ I loooooooooooooove illithids! Hurray for Squids! 8)
-----Oversoul-----
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

in more cases than not, accident is a synonym for bug. the affect was suposed to be -4 hitroll i think, not -4 hitpoints, and i believe it's been fixed.

by the way oversoul, see if you can't find a new avatar, i keep thinking you're xorex now ;P
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".