Spell ideas

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
ducci

Spell ideas

Post by ducci »

(okay so i don't want rl females to know upfront that i mud or have anything to do with scav. :oops: so this is the forum version of the thread EB made on the facebook page.)
Everybody wrote:What would you like to see a spell do?

the first two are inspired by the new effectiveness of a mob's armor class. some of these probably would not fit the current balance scheme and would maybe need to be hero skills.

1. mass illusion-- removes all eq from one mob.

2. stacking +5 hitroll buff-- you get a +5 bonus to hitroll for each time you cast this on yourself. you could also have a similar ac buff

3. some kind of major +save-vs-spell debuff with an extra long delay afterwards

4. this isn't a spell but a passive shield-blocking skill where you have a chance to block an entire round of hits from an enemy if you have a shield equipped.

5. "regret" (or "absolution" or whatever), the good-alignment version of deathfield-- a spell that at first acts like awe, stopping the fight. the malediction part of the spell, however, stays on the mob, draining 5-10% of its health per tick. when the mob reaches stunned status it attempts to teleport to the player that cast the spell on it. this one might be tough to code but i think it would look awesome

6. an anti-zombie spell that insta-kills any undead limbs in the room

7. a combination of scry and ventriloquate, so we can ventriloquate from afar but only within an area. also it should really look like the mob is saying it.

8. elemental "shield" buffs that would negate damage from spells of a certain element or absorb it as health. for example "lightning shield" would absorb lightning bolt, call lightning, lightning breath, and shocking grasp. you can't have more than one shield up at a time. i bet this would be a huge amount of work.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Two quick comments:

Stacking buffs are an excellent suggestion, and I'll figure out how to balance them so that they can work.

The elemental shield will have to wait until I can get to implementing damage types, which is a large-scale backend update, and a long ways off, atm.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)