Drink containers empty when purchased

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
ducci

Drink containers empty when purchased

Post by ducci »

This isn’t a suggestion but a question:

I’ll buy a large quantity of beverages from a vendor, and as I’m drinking them, I’ll often come across one or two that were already empty. What causes this?
Everybody
Needs Help

Re: Drink containers empty when purchased

Post by Everybody »

Randomization code affects current liquid amounts in drink containers. Buying quantities from a shopkeeper just loads that item a bunch of times. If the item doesn't have a large capacity to start with, it can sometimes randomize to empty, which is more evident when you buy multiples at once.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
ducci

Post by ducci »

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

What controls the intensity of the drunk state? I thought it was liquid type, but I seem to get different results drinking the same liquid but from different containers.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

There's an actual drunk meter. It gets set based on the type of liquid and how much of it you drink. Note that every time you drink from a container, the amount is randomized, and can't exceed the amount remaining in the container. This is the primary reason you get more (or less) drunk from the same thing - the game randomly determined that you drank more of it in a single go.
-EB
ducci

Post by ducci »

Just as a postscript: I was dropping my empty jello shots on the floor all over the areas I was in. Then I'd come back into a room with an empty jello shot on the floor and try to drink a full one in my inventory. Instead, I'd attempt to drink from the empty jello shot on floor.

What you described with the randomization was still happening, I had just tricked myself into thinking it was happening way more than usual :oops:
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Good to know - I actually really dislike the targeting priority of "things on floor in room" over "things in my inventory", but I don't think I could change that at this point (potentially messes with fountains/springs, particularly, as well as picking up items off the floor).
-EB
ducci

Post by ducci »

It wasn’t a complete loss—after trying to drink from the empty on the floor, I’d drop the full Jell-O shot from my inventory (because I’d think it was empty). Then there would be a full one on the floor, which I would inadvertently drink from later :lol: