Some Special room ideas

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Stars wrote:What about reboots or mud crashes? Would the chest and its contents disappear?
Why even ask this question. Isn't the suggested purpose of the chests to be a permanent storage? If so then wouldn't you think the chests would be linked to the load of a character? I am not saying it is the best idea, but a reboot shouldn't even be a factor if it is going to be true eq storage.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

In response to Disaster's suggestions about adding more str bonus to low level eq...

I do not believe it is necessary at this point. If a dwarf gains a few levels then it is certainly strong enough to go out and find all the str eq it needs. We do not need to make low levels any easier than they already are.

The thing that really raises my eyebrow is that we allow and support dwarfie storage units (see any similarities to botting?), and yet we refuse item storage of a more conventional sort.

In response to Comatose's comments...

Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry. (tm)
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

It's less work from a coding viewpoint to allow people to have level 2 chars to hold their crap than to implement some kind of storage facility. Having level 2 characters doesn't hurt anything about the game other than take up a name.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw