Ranged Weapons

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Yes, the person at the bottom of the group will hit the most often, because it's likely that any mob you're fighting will have run out of dodges/parries by the time they get to act. They do not, however, hit any harder (as far as I know... it would be kind of silly if they did). I quite doubt that we could do anything about rearranging group order, since (I presume) it's kept in a master list of some sort - i.e. who's entered the realms most recently, including all mobs - and a lot of various commands access it. The simplest suggestion, code-wise (I'm guessing), would be to actually insert a sub-list of some sort at the beginning of each combat round, including only those characters/mobs participating in that particular combat, and randomizing the order they attack in every round. Now, I don't know that we'll necessarily want to do it, but that seems the most feasible option to me.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

randomization would be nice, to eliminate the nasty business of whoever logged in most recently always hitting first. if we're not going to go that way though, a "grouporder person1 person2 person3 etc.." command, usable only by the person whose group it is, could be kinda nice. it would make sence, since in reality a group would be able to coordinate tactics for who would bear the brunt of an assault, who would sneak in for backstabs/circles, etc...
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
expo

Post by expo »

Anakin wrote:I think it is a great idea. I just want to add that if there will be ranged weapon, the characters should buy the quivers (i.e arrows, etc.) and can stay in the corpse when they die for the character to pick up. They can also be worn out or something during a battle (not like feathers which are timed) when they have been used a couple of times or can be based on their damage (the harder it hit, the more it gets rusty or nicked).

I want to add ranged weapons too, what weapon can you suggest?