HP stacking

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
SoulDrake

Post by SoulDrake »

Lol, I admit I got carried away, but my point was to illustrate my thought process to show that I'm not contradicting myself. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to defend my reasoning for why fireball is neutral and energy drain is not. It seems with the use of create water and everyone agreeing it is ridiculous to call it evil that I have succeeded in making that point.

I am not satisfied by calling Energy Drain evil just because it draws upon power from "the Negative Energy Plane" nor would I be comfortable or satisfied to call any spell good simply because it draws power from "the Positive Energy Plane." To me, those are just convenient places to toss loose ends. As for why, I will say just that I don't think that "pure good" and "pure evil" really exist anywhere, even in fantasy.
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and I-- I took the road less travelled by
and it has made all the difference."

--Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken."
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I find it hard to disagree with you on that one, SoulDrake.
Divebomb wrote:How is it consistent that you, a single entity, are able to slaughter hundreds of mobs all by yourself... that there are thousands of mobs in the game that never kill anyone.

Doesn't seem consistent to me.
Killing everything that moves is the very definition of consistency. ;)

Actually, I don't really understand what you are trying to say.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Stars wrote:Consistency is vital to appeal. We live in a universe that worships symmetry. Little inconsistencies add up, and can detract from the overall appeal of a game.
Then what has kept you playing this "inconsistant" game for so long?
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Comatose wrote:
Stars wrote:Consistency is vital to appeal. We live in a universe that worships symmetry. Little inconsistencies add up, and can detract from the overall appeal of a game.
Then what has kept you playing this "inconsistant" game for so long?
First and foremost, this place feels like home to me.

But even your home changes every now and then. It's like when one of your roommates decides (without consulting you) to change the wallpaper in the bathroom. It looked fine before, but now you have to change all your decorations to fit the new look.

Do you move out? No. You try to live with it, or try to get it changed back. I'd hate to see it come to the point where all the people in the house feel that it's time to move, or even if one or two of its people start implying that others should move.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

If you are implying that I am hinting for you to move on then you are wrong. I was simply stating that the "inconsistencies" where not enough to make you not want to stay. If that is the case then why would you point out that... ahh forget it. It’s not worth my time.