New Druid Skill

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
Puppetmon

New Druid Skill

Post by Puppetmon »

Its something ive always wondered, im sure it might make druids easier, but has a full heal spell ever been considered? I always thought druids should have one, but I think they should have it at a costly rate. I think having a full heal per 500 mana per cast would equal it out pretty well, 500 being minimum.
Do we make our own fate? Or Can we cut the chains that bind us?
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

They kind of have one like this. Transform Energy. It converts mana to hp. Complete heal on avatars costs 1k mana, I think it sums up on transform energy if the druid is a mortal.

At any rate, druids are already easy to level with protection, sanctuary, and flamestrike/harm *shrugs*
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

There is a complete healing spell called "complete healing". It is an avatar spell and costs 1000 mana. I'm not sure that any such spell should be made for mortal druids since this would make things WAY too easy.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Puppetmon

Post by Puppetmon »

I dont think it would make things too easy. Look at the cost of it. 1000 mana for a mortal druid is alot of mana, especially considering mortals have to a) sleep b) heal mana at clericus or c) have someone transfer thier mana to them, for them to get mana back. one complete heal would wipe out a druids mana supply almost and therefore make it hard for them to cast attack spells, sanctuary etc. it would be something but then again just an idea i had.
Do we make our own fate? Or Can we cut the chains that bind us?
Joysinger
Avid Player

Post by Joysinger »

would be cheaper n transform energy for my druid ;) but i think cure critic and heal are good enough.
*Unicorn hoofprint sparkling from glittering faerie-dust*
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Illithids used to have complete healing (as a normal spell). They no longer do. This implies that we don't want anyone but avatars to have it, which I agree with.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

when was it taken away from illithids? *grumbles about all the really cool spells slowly being taken away from illithids*
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
xorex

Post by xorex »

maybe back when they were totally redone and given a little combat spell called death field
--Xorex
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Yes, it was removed along with enhance armor and disintegrate (and domination, and lend strength...), and got illusion, empathy, etc. in to replace it.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I'm not a big fan of this. I'd like to come up with more unique spells/skills, instead of repeats of older ones.
CrazyChaos

Post by CrazyChaos »

How about change transform energy/energy transfer so that you can control how much mana you give away?
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

why?
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Because it's annoying to have all or nothing.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I don't see why this would change anything. I'm not against it, exactly. I would rather see some way in which to increase one's own mana, without alcohol. I've talked about this in other threads.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.