Pet Daycare/Garage

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Pet Daycare/Garage

Post by Anakin »

It's like a garage for vehicles. They work like "rent" on other MUDs but only for vehicles so they don't melt. The only thing you have to do is go to the garage to save it.

For pets, it's the same, you can go take a pet with you, and stable them after you're done. Pets could be like a mule. And IF, that's a big IF, possible we can have pets to level up with us (doesn't have to be announced in battleh, kind of like your typical mercernaries in D2) and you can use them as a body guard, pet, whatever.

Just like renting, these will cost you, probably day per day (system time) basis, or an hour.

What do you think?
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

you have my vote I'd love to keep my lil demons :)
Sozz

Post by Sozz »

Um, you realize that it'd be easier just to create a character to follow you around and level with you, right?

As far as the garage for vehicles... *shrug* No real opinion.
Sozz
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

A dwarf versus a dog following me... nah, I'd pick the dog.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

an avian instead of a dragon *think* other than the roasting part I'd like that dragon
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

I kinda get it, sorta like the datapad on star wars galaxies. I suppose we could think about letting you keep a vehicle and a pet, and you could pull it out or store it at specified places, but I realize this would require at very least playing with the pfile structure so it's a MUCH bigger job than you might suspect. Once again, this is a very low priority if at all kinda thing.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

What if isntead of it being in the pfile, it was an item exchanged with a mob?

I guess pets and vehicles could be standardized and you could have a certain mob exchange an item (ticket?) for a charmed mob/vehicle. When you are done, you "check it in" (kill pet mob / remove remove vehicle, give player ticket). When you want it back, you give the ticket to the mob and then (remove ticket, generate pet @ level of ticket / generate vehicle named in ticket)

Tickets could also be personalized if we don't want people sharing high-level pets.

Maybe.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

the issue that i see is: what hapens to the items inside the vehicle/on the pet when you trade them in? if those items are stored, then that means the pfile structure has to be changed in order to have a place to store that information. if, on the other hand, the code was manipulated in such a way that "trading in" a pet or vehicle resulted in you being given a ticket, which could later be redeemed at a shop for a new vehicle/pet in the place of the regular cost (but the vehicle/pet you get being a stock version, newly created not the "same" one you traded in) that would be easier. of course, as far as vehicles go, you just need to find an imm able and willing to make a takable one for you as a prize.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

... I think I'd consider willing to be a much bigger restraint than able, as far as those vehicles go.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)