Alignment

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
Croplin

Alignment

Post by Croplin »

I recall reading somewhere about how easy it is to change one's alignment. Well, I thinkt this would be easy to change if...

1. You only could get better or worse alignment by killing mobs at you level-range.

2. Lower the amount of align gained by killing good/evil mobs.

3. Change_align mobs only can affect once in certain amount of mud time (could be shown in the affected-list) and always changes your alignment to the opposite of what you have.
Say you are neutral --> then you become either good or evil. if you are evil --> good. and if good --> evil ...ahhblahha, you get the point?

then you would have to go fight "hard" mobs to get the alignment you want. (And the girls in Ultima can dream again ) :D
in space no one can hear you scream
Smeagain

Post by Smeagain »

*blink*
Is murdering little girls any less evil if you're much bigger than them?
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

Those poor girls!! *WHAAAA* :wink:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Bah! Don't give them any more ideas of how to make my life much more harder. -.-
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

It should be HARD!!!! *CACKLE* :twisted:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Leave me alone. :cry: Play DDR or something.
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

Don't you feel any sympathy for those poor shepards, that need to go home every night feeling like crap just because they couldn't protect those sheep this time either... :roll:
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Bah! Those shepherds were once warriors. ;) They know the feeling. :twisted:

I'd feel more sympathy for banging a prostitute.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Divebomb
Avid Player

Re: Alignment

Post by Divebomb »

Croplin wrote: 1. You only could get better or worse alignment by killing mobs at you level-range.
I would say player_level - 5 and up, but I like the idea.
2. Lower the amount of align gained by killing good/evil mobs.
I also agree.
3. Change_align mobs only can affect once in certain amount of mud time (could be shown in the affected-list) and always changes your alignment to the opposite of what you have.
Say you are neutral --> then you become either good or evil. if you are evil --> good. and if good --> evil ...ahhblahha, you get the point?
I agree, but my math would simply be take the negative of the current alignment:
200 becomes -200
-700 = --700 = 700

This prevents using "change_align" for the purpose of going from -330 to -1000, etc.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

Sounds even better! :D
Ana, won'e be happy now... :P :P
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

but then a neutral player would have nothing to fear from change align. instead of that, how about changing the change align spell to impose a flee-lag on the target. the big problem isn't so much that change align mobs zap the player between +1000 and -1000, but that players can flee once they reach the alignment that they want.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

disaster wrote:but then a neutral player would have nothing to fear from change align. instead of that, how about changing the change align spell to impose a flee-lag on the target. the big problem isn't so much that change align mobs zap the player between +1000 and -1000, but that players can flee once they reach the alignment that they want.
I think it's perfectly acceptable that neutral isn't affected by change align. Although, they are still affected, just not adversely. Flee lag would not solve anything. I think a zap to an extreme is silly.

The other problem with a single-zap per fight is that you just flee and go back. Or, if it's a time limit, then the person just waits it out - they already do it for repops. What's the difference?

Changing the spec to just alter the player's alignment to the opposite of what it is is an extremely EXTREMELY (did i mention extremely?) simple change.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I think making neutral players immune to alignment change makes sense in a way. Maintaining a neutral alignment is difficult anyway.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

I agree with DB and Stars...
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

I agree... with the current system.

Is this even a big of a deal? o.O
-Jerry Seinfeld