It sounds stupid maybe but err dexterity checks?

Suggestions for additions and modifications to the existing Barren Realms code.
snarf

It sounds stupid maybe but err dexterity checks?

Post by snarf »

What do you guys think about dexterity checks... if you fail you get moved to another room.. is handy for the one thing that you tend to do a lot when you're doing paper & dice rpg..

about the code, seems like it's not that different from speco_teleport and the demon version of it.. probably no delay though..

Snarf
I don't care for tights, she says, but does not tell me why.
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

the same objection has been raised to other posts before, but i don't like this because we don't have fixed room sizes. sure, it makes sense to fall from the hallway through a door when you trip. if you're moving from the middle of the corn field to the gate at the end of the property though, that would have to be one heck of a trip. i prefer just sticking with the ability to put currents into rooms, and mess people up that way if that's your intention when writing an area.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

I'm not sure what you're proposing in the first place, snarf.... a room that automatically moves you unless you make a dex check? or dex checks on certain events that move you if you fail? I'm not overly familiar with when they would come up in rl rpg sessions, so I'd appreciate some filling in...
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Sozz

Post by Sozz »

I'm with EB on this one...I have no idea what you mean by a 'dexterity check'. My first instinct was that it would be sort of like a demon-only teleporter like at the beginning of RC's, where it would only teleport you if your dexterity was so high...but if that's right...what would be the point?
:?

Sozz
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Huh? to the original idea.