NeverMore Asylum

This is the place to discuss building questions, ideas, and suggestions.
Gwarnokyon

NeverMore Asylum

Post by Gwarnokyon »

I am currently in the process of writing a proposal for an area named 'NeverMore Asylum'. The structure would allow players from level 1 to 50 to play. The higher the floor you go, the higher level character you need. Occupants would include many many bizare critters and objects; anything from entrail eating Gricks, abandoned Homunculus', etc. I am still in the process of reading the builders guide from the BR web site, so if approved, it still might be awhile.

NeverMore Asylum.... does it sound like a good idea? I will try to keep regular posts as the progress continues.

G-
Merry Meet and Blessed Be!!
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Except for the level 1-50 to play. See, we want players to try things.. if they all stay in one area for the whole game, that kinda blows.

I would suggest a span of 20 levels at most.
Gwarnokyon

Post by Gwarnokyon »

ok.. then I'll try to focus on that.. Thank you for your advice.
G-
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

So it's an asylum? are you (the player who is playing in it) crazy or ... is it a place for weird things to hide?
Nyteshade

Post by Nyteshade »

kiri wrote:Except for the level 1-50 to play. See, we want players to try things.. if they all stay in one area for the whole game, that kinda blows.

but what if we don't want to go to a different area?
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

If you don't want to, too bad. You'll have to eventually, so get your sorry self out of my area, now.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Gwarnokyon

crazy

Post by Gwarnokyon »

I have been called many, many things by many, many people. Crazy, hyperactive, an ADD victim, manic depressive, psychopathic, spazmatic, anti-systematic just to name a small few. The "asylum" that I want to build would be modled after one that I stayed in for a few years. However, the people in the real one would be changed into a fantasy type being. I have drawn many maps during my stay there, maping out every detail; down to the festering cockroaches. The maps are currently being processed onto graph paper with a number within every little box. Details for the little pretty numbers, (Mobs, objects and room descriptions) are being writen within my mind; waiting patiently for the pen to hit the paper. This weekend I am hoping to have the proposal written and sent to Kiri for further thought. It is indeed a long tedious process, but with patience, I hope I can start the text for it. And, as a side note, I hope that everyone enjoys the "asylum" as much as I have.

G-

P.S. (never been to or in one in case I have anyone worried....)
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Just make sure it's not too modern... we do also have an asylum that's a hero area so it would probably need to be somehow distinguishable.
Divebomb
Avid Player

Post by Divebomb »

Send it to me too.

Or I'll just tie Kiri up and flog her til she forwards it to me.
Fine art is the only teacher except torture.
- George Bernard Shaw
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

Bah, of course I'd send it to you, stinky.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I would be interested in seeing it once, and if, it is done. You see, I have spent time in a few hospitals for mental illness. Don't be too worried, I'm not crazy. My diagnosis is bi-polar and I have gone through some extreme emotional episodes.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Gwarnokyon

Post by Gwarnokyon »

Just make sure it's not too modern... we do also have an asylum that's a hero area so it would probably need to be somehow distinguishable.
It will be.... trust me. Eventhough I have yet to see this Hero asylum, I do believe that you will have never seen anything like this one.. (i do so dearly hope) :D
Send it to me too.
Or I'll just tie Kiri up and flog her til she forwards it to me.
Okie-dokie
I would be interested in seeing it once, and if, it is done.
Now please bear in mind, I am a father of four and a dedicated husband. I do work alot of overtime when possible, so I will try my best to keep you all pleased without taking to long. However, as the saying goes, "Patience is a virtue."

G-
Anavrinman

Post by Anavrinman »

I think it should have a roll of duct tape! We need duct tape in the realms. It'll fix everything!
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease...
Hobo Nick
Faustus

Post by Faustus »

Gwarnokyon wrote:Now please bear in mind, I am a father of four and a dedicated husband. I do work alot of overtime when possible, so I will try my best to keep you all pleased without taking to long. However, as the saying goes, "Patience is a virtue."
Don't worry at all about taking too long. We'd much rather have a very well written area somewhere far down the line than a so-so area hastily thrown together just so that it can be done quickly. Take a look at the Tropical Forest/Temple of the Snakemen/Village of the Amazons areas. I worked on them all at the same time, and together they took me over a year and a half from start to finish. It was an awful long time, but I still get quite a few positive comments on them. Quality will always be worth the wait.