Slart's requested lists - discussion

This is the place to discuss building questions, ideas, and suggestions.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Is anyone currently working on anything?
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
xorex

Post by xorex »

what exactly do you mean stars?
--Xorex
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

I want to know whether any of our coders have worked on, are working on, are finished with or haven't even started yet on any of the code changes for builders that we have been discussing here. Basically, are we in the "things are getting done" phase, or are we still in the "talking about it" phase?
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
xorex

Post by xorex »

well, i think that slart is working on some secret project right now and then after that he is going to redo the area file format. so he wants a wish list of changes so that he can make the new format incorporate those changes easily. so i don't think he will actually be working on coding these suggestions for a while.
--Xorex
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

ok. thanks :)
Lari

Post by Lari »

I'm assuming certain things are coming because of the new continent anyhow such as !quit, !area and !recall. So I'm not putting them on my list. I'd also like to see !track for the continent. I'm also assuming broken things (IE spelled traps, negative affects on players) will be fixed.

As far as just everyday stuff:

!locate
!pass
Interactive mobs
Interactive objects
Interactive environments-push/pull/say events
ambient area/room messages
ability to control weather by area or terrain
enterable named "doors"
option to set level for object repops
option to set prices/levels on items sold in shops
long descs for doors

I would add rare mob load but honestly this can be done with mob chutes and I don't think Slart should waste his time programming this in.

I think if many of these things go in we'll see an increase in puzzles in areas, which could be a really good thing for BR. There are quite a few people that enjoy figuring out puzzles over constant killing of mobs.
xorex

Post by xorex »

Lari wrote:long descs for doors
don't we have this?
--Xorex
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

yes and no. if i understand correctly what you want would be a short descrip for doors, which we DON'T currently have. but then again maybe i'm confused and what we have for doors are named differently *shrug*
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
xorex

Post by xorex »

ah that makes sense. so a longer short description then....
--Xorex
Lari

Post by Lari »

Yeah, what I actually meant was so you can have a door named Red Door and when you open it it would say Red Door not just Red. I copied it the way EB had it listed in the original post instead of explaining it. ;)