if you could buid something to make br better what will it b

This is the place to discuss building questions, ideas, and suggestions.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Is he serious?
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
darkarrow

Post by darkarrow »

score what i think what he ment is some sort of safe to put your items
in so you can go exploring.so if you die you wont have to run around for
an hour trying to find your stuff. but i dont sorport that because thats one
of the challanges of the game. 8)
have a nice day
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

"stashes" (thanks to Diablo 2, for taking care of that word) have been suggested before. I'm not really sure what the majority said about that but I don't think it'll come in anytime soon. It'd be a neat addition though, I want to place a lot of my junk in a stash. :p

I really can't wait for that intelligent mob ideas though. :)
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

stashes (or lockers, chests, etc. etc.) have been suggested probably every 6 months since br started. Our firm-standing tradition is to outright refuse the idea simply because it's so easy to start a dwarf, get them to level 2 and get them enough +str eq that they can collect nearly anything you may want to just have available (but not on you).
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

darkarrow wrote:score what i think what he ment is some sort of safe to put your items
in so you can go exploring.so if you die you wont have to run around for
an hour trying to find your stuff. but i dont sorport that because thats one
of the challanges of the game. 8)
Maybe. But it didn't come out that way.Having a fair share of interaction with him before I believe it a safe bet that he meant it the way it came out.

Thank you for your comment. And your..sorport-- means the world to me. Good lookin' out.
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Absolutly nothing. If you went back and read what my brother and EB wrote, (I still want to poke him, btw) you would see that the conversation was sorta away from what you wrote about initially.

If you still wonder what could be the hold up with there not being a "safe" or locker, again, read what Anakin and EB (poke) wrote.
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Here's another idea that'd been poking for sometime: chess (or any other kind of board game). Are you guys still considering this?
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

*shrug* presumably, if it's been idea'ed or brought up once and not decided on, it's "under consideration." As far as actually seeing it any time in the near future, I wouldn't hold my breath.

And score, why're you poking me? *very confused*

And, yes, I did read what he said initially, but presuming that he wanted to implement bags would've been much more demeaning to his intelligence than the idea of stashes.
-EB
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i'm all in favour of chess or any other similar style of mini-game, but i imagine doing the coding on that type of thing would be fairly time consuming for the benefit it would generate. especially since those wishing to play chess (or other similar games) can resort to the old fashioned method of just typing to each other "king's knight to f4" or whatnot, both players having a chess set in front of them. othello might be more practical than chess, less rules to code in *shrug* still quite low on the priority list though.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Everybody wrote: And score, why're you poking me?
You implyed I had horns. If I have horns, then I want to use them to poke you with.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

Chess is a great game, but I don't think it would look good within the limited confines of Barren Realms. I prefer a decent graphical interface that is easy on the eyes. It would be difficult to play a good game on BR. I suggest that those who want to play chess go to some place like fics:
http://www.freechess.org/

You will need to download an interface, but it does not take long and it is worth it. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that anyone spend time playing a game other than Barren Realms. I am merely suggesting that interested players could play chess while they are playing BR...or something.
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

I think Kiri might break the games posts into a different thread soon...

Uno would work really well, especially if you turn on ANSI colors. Simple rules, uncomplicated states, and easy to represent in a text interface. I've seen it done and it was pretty cool.
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

Uno and Othello would be really cool. I can imagine spending my whole time on the game rooms in BR with a whole new rack of mini-games. :)
-Jerry Seinfeld
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Score wrote:You implyed I had horns. If I have horns, then I want to use them to poke you with.
When did I imply that? (I'm either having a very hard time remembering, or missing an allusion to something else, or (for once *gasp*) didn't imply anything of the sort.)
-EB
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Everybody wrote:You have a halo? What I saw on your head seemed pretty sharp and pointy to me...
:twisted: