Messing around

Link to your stories, artwork and post other creations here.
Lari

Messing around

Post by Lari »

I did this pic tonight while listening to the song over and over for about 3 hours. I really like the song and the girl who sings it.

Image[/img]
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

wow! okay, i'm officially impressed now. nice work lari :)
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Solomnius

Post by Solomnius »

wow! you drew that chick? how?
great work Lari, i'm with Dis, impressive
Respect!
Anakin
Mud Addict

Post by Anakin »

*giggle* Lari is one of my favorite 3d artist. A lot of her works are very detailed and capturing. You should post your site here, Lari. ;) I'm also still waiting for the western cowgirl in leather. :D Not to pry, just saying that I can't wait to see it. :wink:
It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everday always just exactly fits in the newspaper.
-Jerry Seinfeld
Scavenger
Site Admin

Post by Scavenger »

I'm a pretty big fan of her art too. Unfortunately I can't reference my favorites here in the forums. :twisted:
Image The Cardboard Tube Samurai!
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

*crosses his fingers and hopes for something to show up soon in heroes and demons*
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

*knows Dis' crosses his fingers and hopes the chick in the picture is 14* :twisted:
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Solomnius

Post by Solomnius »

i never knew you were an artist of 3D Lari, is there a freeware prog i can download to attempt something half as good? allways been interested in 3Dart but never knew someone who did it.
Respect!
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

Maya has a personal learning edition, free for educational use if I remember right. Only problem is that it has the logo on everything you render.

www.aliaswavefront.com

Also, if you can get into a 3D animation or similar class, you can get 3D Studio Max at a reduced price. That's what I did :D

EDIT to add: Oh, also look into Poser for character stuff, it contains many premodeled animals and people which you can pose and animate to your liking.

Bryce is an environment modeler.

I think there's a free version of 3DS max somewhere called GMax if I remember right :)
Everyone loves the chocolate!
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

I used to play arround with Bryce. I wish I still had it... That was fun.
"If you have a right to someone else's approval, then they do not have a right to their own opinions and values." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

http://ws6.blogspot.com
Lari

Post by Lari »

Thanks for all the nice comments. :) I use poser to produce my pictures with some work in PSP or Photoshop. I'm not that great at Photoshop though so I only do things there I can't do in PSP.

My website addy is in my profile in game if you want to check it out. ;) I'll try to get it updated tomorrow. I've done several more pics that aren't actually linked to a gallery yet.

Solomnius, Poser is probably the cheapest and easiest for 3d "character" art, but there's a steep learning curve as with all 3d programs. I think it took me a couple years to learn but I didn't work on it full time.

Daz has a free version of their Studio that will be coming out eventually. It's supposed to be a replacement for Poser but the base part will always remain free. Of course they are doing this in hopes it increases the sale of 3d models which is their main business. You can check them out at http://www.daz3d.com