The Comatose Story

Link to your stories, artwork and post other creations here.
Comatose

The Comatose Story

Post by Comatose »

It is an interesting story about how comatose went from a weak avian to a powerful druid.

When I started on BR I tried the kender race first. I actually can't remember the name of the kender but it was taking a really long time to level. I decided to try a druid, and was having a difficult time with that also. That is when I started Comatose, as an avian. He was the tank for my druid named Havor. I don't know if any of you remember Havor, but he was actually a decent druid. I was pretty quite in those days, not much if any was heard from me over the public channels. Slowly but surely I got both Comatose, and Havor to hero. At that time 51 was as high as it went. When I got to hero Comatose, the avian, was very weak compared to Havor, so after a little while I deleted Comatose. A short time later Kiri asked me why I deleted Comatose. I told her that he was weak and that I liked Havor more so I deleted him and kept Havor. After more conversation she asked me if I knew what Havor meant in another language (I want to say Swedish). I said no. She told me that one of the other players told her that it was something bad in that language. (Because this is a public forum I won't mention it here. If you want to know then you can ask me personally.) After she told me that I begged and begged for her to change my name. I wanted to keep the character Havor but didn't want the name after knowing the meaning. After some begging, and because of the meaning of the name she said ok. So we decided that Comatose, would be a good name since he had made hero.

And that is how Comatose came to be.
Croplin

Post by Croplin »

After more conversation she asked me if I knew what Havor meant in another language (I want to say Swedish). I said no. She told me that one of the other players told her that it was something bad in that language.
I'd like to know who said 'Havor' meant something bad in swedish, i've lived here all my life, and NEVER heard the word before you meantioned it. If you have the time please give me a private message and tell me the meaning that you have been told.
in space no one can hear you scream
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

i'm guessing it must not have been swedish then, unless it's a really uncommon, obscure insult of some type.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".
kiri
Needs Help

Post by kiri »

It's british or scottiish slang for masturbate.
Stars
Mud Addict

Post by Stars »

A true player creation, Comatose, and a good story. ;)
The stars brightly shine upon our world, a constant reminder of our origin. We are stars.
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Stars wrote:A true player creation, Comatose, and a good story. ;)
Thank you Stars.

I guess it had been too long for me to remember which language it was. :oops:

Thanks Kiri for clearing that up.

:)