Recent Rehero Needing Assistance

This room is filled with chairs, benches, and sofas for people to just sit around and talk about life, past adventures, or just otherwise kill time.
Havoc

Recent Rehero Needing Assistance

Post by Havoc »

This is a message for EB.

I went AFK after you rehero'd my Havoc character and when I came back my hp were 1 and I was hungry and thirsty (all expected behavior). I am also unable to look, scan, eat, drink, recall, hero recall, or much of anything else. I can hero but not chat. I am completely stuck and can't do anything. Xorex tried restoring me and it didn't fix the issue.

It says I am out cold on the affects screen. Whenever I try any command, it says, You are too stunned to do that.

Thanks in advance,
Havoc
Everybody
Needs Help

Re: Recent Rehero Needing Assistance

Post by Everybody »

You got stuck in a weird state where you had a "Stunned" affect on you, but weren't in the Stunned position (position is used for stunned/incapacitated/dead/sleeping/resting/etc.). I couldn't get the game to clear it on its own or with my intervention, so I logged you off and fixed it in your pfile directly.

Note that one of my fix attempts involved killing you several times, so please re-equip when you log back in.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
ducci

Post by ducci »

Everybody wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:11 am
Note that one of my fix attempts involved killing you several times, ...
Now this is the good, old-fashioned approach to player-helping that BR used to be famous for.
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

Well, I had a good reason. All affects should clear upon player death, and the death processes are supposed to reset your position to resting.

Of course, it didn't work, which is strange. We eventually got him back to a point where he could do something, but the stun affect was still on him. It just wouldn't go away.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)